Saturday, January 5, 2008

Day 5

So far so good. It's Saturday and I got another ride in today before the snow hits again. I got in a good 28 miles miles of spinning this morning. The temp wasn't bad but the wind was miserable. The upside was there was a tailwind on the way back. I still feel pretty week on the bike. Even spinning I seem to have trouble keeping my heart rate down. I'm not sure if this is still just effects of the Thyroid Ablation or what. I can only hope it will get better.

I got in 30 minutes on the trainer last night. I didn't do it so much for a workout but did it in hopes of alleviating some of the soreness from the P90X workout. I did the Leg Workout on Wednesday.....Thursday wasn't bad......Friday I could barely walk. You know the saying, you walk like you have a corncob up your #@#, well that was me. Today was much better thank God.

I weighed in after my ride today and was 175#. I'm sure most of that was water loss from the ride, but it helps the motivation when you see those numbers go down. Today I've only had Ramen for lunch (no breakfast before my ride), Chips and Salsa (gotta have this to watch a football game), and I believe I'm have a veggie burger and sugar snap peas for dinner. Not a bad day. Actually not a bad week.

I hope everyone in the challenge is doing well. I would love for some of them to email me so that I can post notes on their progress. I think I'm going to start adding some "hidden quotes" on the web page. If those involved in the challenge find the "quote" first, I'll give out some sort of prize. Actually I'll start now....the first challenger to post their plan/goals in the challenge forum I'll give a $10.00 gift card to the Coffee Hut in Pinetop (We have a winner). Remember you need to sign on with the user name you used when you registered for the challenge (so I can find you to give you your prize).

It's starting to rain outside so it looks like, at least the beginning of the week will be spent on the trainer. Oh so boring!!

That's it for now.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: