Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Good Start


It's the first day of the year and so far I've gotten off to a good start. When I went out to warm up the car this morning (going to meet Chuck for our first ride of the year), the little temperature thing in the car said it was 35 degrees. That was pretty good considering I rode the other day and it was only 32 degrees. So I just packed the typical Fair weather gear in the car. Long sleeve jersey, Insulated Jacket, tights, toewarmers, earwarmers, and gloves.


When I got to the Show Low City Park where I was to meet up with Chuck, the car thermometer said 23 degrees. Holy crap it was cold. This wasn't even considering the wind chill. Heading out, my cheeks and my fingers were already pretty numb. I could only hope it would get warmer. And it did. But not much. We got in 30 miles of zone 2 work. It felt really good to be out on the bike. It was a good ride. A great way to start off the year. When we got back, I checked the thermometer again...33 degrees. Definitely not much of a heat wave. Now that we know we can survive these temps, we won't have much of an excuse not to get out during these colder months. It's so unbelievably important to get in these base miles and to lose the winter fat. It makes spring time riding much more enjoyable.

2 comments:

Cycling Phun said...

You the one with the Cannondale? (heh heh)

Pedaldork said...

I'm the one with the "chubby cheeks". Man I hate that!!!

Only you bike geeks would notice the "Cannondales" :)