Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Another Good Ride

Had another good ride today. Newell, Jay, and I rode down to the fish hatchery and did a few hill repeats. If you're not familiar with hill repeats, what you do is find a fairly steep hill, then pedal your butt up it, go back down, then do it all over again. The goal is to go as hard as you can all the way to the top.  Somewhere in the middle of the climb your legs should feel like they are on fire.  Usually you are also on the verge of puking with every effort.  Today I never hit the puking stage, but my legs felt like they were going to explode.  We did five repeats, then had to pedal back up the Whiteriver Hill after we
were finished. My legs are wasted.  I'm sure tomorrow they'll really be feeling it. 

I weighed in at 168lbs today.  I've eaten really well so far so I'm hoping to reach my goal of 162 by Friday.  Only 15 days left in the challenge.  Hope you all are still doing well. 
If your up for trying a bike ride but don't feel comfortable with all the traffic (too many rednecks in our town), I would highly recommend the hatchery road.  It was paved a few years ago and is still in really good shape.  I believe it's about 7 miles to the hatchery so if you park at the beginning of the road, you can get in a 14 mile ride.  It is rare that you will ever see a car and quite often see plenty of wild life.  It's a beautiful ride that very people know about. 

No comments: