Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I've got Pneumonia, you'll have to tolerate the boring posts for a few days.

Sorry about the lagging and boring posts the last few days.  Just found out today that with all this coughing, I now officially have pneumonia.  To put it mildly,  I feel like crap.  I'm sitting here in bed right now watching reruns of the 2004 Tour De France.  Can you say, "Get a life!!"

I'm just not feeling very motivated to do very much right now.  Yesterday I mentioned how much the Pulmicort cost......well it got even better today when they prescribed Levaquin.  A 5 day supply before my insurance was 200.00!!!   Even with insurance it was 140.00.  That's just crazy.  That's 28 dollars per pill.  Are you kidding me??!!!!!  All I can say is......it better work. 

I'm supposed to go for a 30 mile ride with Newell tomorrow, but at the moment that's not looking too likely.  If I can breathe without sounding like I'm going to drown, I may consider going.  Right now though I sound like I'm gurgling water every time I exhale. 

Well, my reason for posting is to post the latest news in the challenge.  Big Mamma is back in the lead and I truly am so impressed with her numbers.  I hope that at the finish, she will allow me to post all of her numbers.  She has really been an inspiration.  Frenchie is still right on her tail and I'm sure they will go back and forth over the next few weeks.  Speaking of Frenchie, she is the winner of the massage gift certificate (Hey French, send me your mailing address and I'll get the certificate out to you).  The answer was ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate).   Without ATP you have no way of converting food into energy.   Oh and one more thing................Bubbles!!! it's finally good to hear from you.  I figured I'd be hearing from some of you sleepers soon.  Great job!!!!!

I'm praying and hoping that I'll feel better tomorrow.  Hope you all have a good night. 

No comments: