Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Three More Days

 Three more days!!!!  Is everyone starving themselves???   I'm sure everyone wants to know what the prizes are going to be.  Well, like they do when your watching American Idol, I'm going to wait till the last minute.  Speaking of the last minute, the challenge will end at noon on Friday.  I was looking through some before and after pictures to post and I found that just by looking at pictures of people who have lost weight, it helped motivate me to want to have the same success these people have had. 
Do you realize what these people probably went through to lose their weight??  It's not an easy task!  Take the lady above.....I'm sure she had her struggles, I'm sure she faltered in her diet at times, but look at her!!  She looks amazing.  On top of that, can you imagine how much better she feels? 

And this guy.... The guy is standing in one leg of his old pants.  I doubt any of these people regret what they went through to lose the pounds.  Sure it's not easy and quite often it's not even fun, but the end results are what make it all worth it.  To wear the clothes you really want to wear, to lose the back or knee pain, to have enough energy to play with your kids or run those stairs.  It can be life changing, but first you have to change where your life is going.  Even after the challenge is over, stick with your goals.  Even if you stumble along with way, get your butt back up and start again.  Don't be disappointed if you have a bad day, we all have those days.  It's getting back in the game that counts.  I couldn't tell you how many times I've started and failed a diet.  It's almost depressing, but by God, sooner or later I'm going to get to where I want to be.  I don't want it to be a diet either........I want it to be a lifestyle change.  When my family goes out to eat, I want to order the healthy smaller meal, not because I'm on a diet, but because it's the healthy thing to do. 
Anyway, I hope you all will think about this as the challenge winds down.  There's been a total of 350 lbs lost so far between everyone. That is just friggin awesome!!   Keep it up.  If it was easy everyone would do it.  Dig deep, focus on the end results, and use that focus to keep driving you towards your goals. 

No comments: