Friday, March 22, 2013

1st Day of Spring Break

Ahhhhh, my first day of vacation.   We didn't get out of town until late last night and finally arrived in Mesa at around midnight.   I figure my only quiet time is going to be in the morning before everyone gets up, so here I am, 6:30 am at the nearest Starbucks.  Honestly, I'd probably much rather be sleeping, but it's pretty nice being out and about with the rest of the coffee drinking world. 

Other than relaxing, we  don't have a whole lot planned.   In fact, I don't think we have a single thing planned for today.  I'm guessing the boys will want to hit the pool (no matter what the temperature is).   We're down here until Wednesday, so it's going to be some good down time, at least that's what I'm hoping for. 

While I'm away, I'll do my best at posting all the updated weigh ins as they come in.  Only two weeks left!!!    I'm praying that everyone still has some motivation left.    I'm planning on losing a few pounds while I'm down here.  In fact, I even ordered a coffee without all the sugar.  It's not quite as enjoyable, but I want to see some good numbers on the scale when I get back. 

If any of you are heading down this way over the weekend, just a heads up, this weekend is Silent Sunday at South Mountain.  That means no cars allowed.   Bring your bike, bring your running shoes.   It's a beautiful ride/run and it's even more enjoyable on days where there are no cars.  We brought our little box trailer down full of bikes, skateboards, baseballs, and frisbees so our Sunday will most likely be spent in the huge South Mountain parking lot.    These white little legs expect to absorb lots of sun over the next few days.   My heart goes out to any and all poor souls that have to see them "pre-tan". 

Ugh, the internet is brutally slow here.  I've been trying to look at the current weight loss standings, but I keep getting kicked off.   How many of you are going to hit double digits?   With only a couple of weeks left, are you finding extra motivation?    Let's see someone give Someday a run for her money:).    Scalecrusher, I'll post your new numbers as soon as I log on to my work computer.  I hear you're going to sunny California for spring break so I'll be praying that you return with some good numbers as well.  

On a completely different note, a while back I saw Ashley's post about keeping lists of things to do.  I was told about a book called "Getting Things Done-The Art of Stress Free Productivity".  Of course I bought it:).   Not only did I buy it, but over the past two weeks I've been implementing it.   I love it!!!  My desk is almost completely cleaned off, almost all of my paperwork has been filed away, and my email is neatly organized.    Speaking of email...............over the last 2 days, I have deleted over 8000 emails, 8000!!!!     Most of it was just crap, you know those advertisements that you don't remember signing up for, well they have all be "unsubscribed" and deleted.   Of course, now my goal is to stick with it.  If you have the desire to organize, I highly suggest the book.   I have it on my Kindle, but just by chance, there's a Barnes and Noble across the street from where we are staying, so I'm going to get the paper version while I'm here. 

Well I guess I better get back to see who is among the living.  Nobody was in bed before 1am so I'm not sure when everyone be up and going.   I'm sure I'll be ready for another coffee by the time they get moving.  Hope you all have a super day. 

Note:  There is no WiFi where we are staying, so StarBucks and Barnes and Noble will be frequented.   Can you imagine.......a world with no internet service:)    Isn't it crazy, I remember when this is what my cell phone looked like:
 

Have a great day:)










 

1 comment:

Whiting Family said...

Enjoy the valley. Remember to eat lots of fatty food !!!!!