Tuesday, March 5, 2013

More about John

Yesterday I had posted my "version" of Johns dream. I knew I wouldn't get the entire thing correct but could only post how I remember it told to me.

Having permission from John to write about it, I shared it with him. Last night he sent me a more detailed version of the dream.   I share this because I believe in the story. I believe in something (Someone) so much bigger and powerful then all of what we experience around us. I grew up going to church, but I never really knew what it meant to put my Faith in Him to give my life to Him. I've taken a rough road to get to where I'm at, definitely not the straightest nor the easiest.    I'm blessed with an amazing wife, amazing kids, and some of the best friends I could ever ask for. None of that was complete though (I didn't realize this until recently) until I had God in my life. Family, friends, work, relationships, all have so much more meaning now.   We are all put here for a purpose. A purpose that only each of us can define for ourselves but only with the help of Someone greater.   I hold John's story close because I believe it. I believe in the power of it and I believe it is real.   Here's the email:   I have 5 brothers and; 5 sisters, 4 each still living.
Leo is a younger brother
When I saw Leo, I was walking down a hall, he was at the mouth of the hall leaning up against the wall one foot on the wall.
He was not alone, it seemed to me everyone I knew who had died was there, my parents, grandparents, nephews 2 nieces 1and aunts and uncles, I knew who they were just by their actions and the way they approached me!
The faces were like a bright light similar to a candle but very very bright!
They were all at the mouth of the hall, just outside the hall, behind and surrounding them all, I could see lights, bright beautiful lights, white, gold, silver, so bright they did not look natural ,light rays like I have never seen before, and colors I could not describe, like a bright rainbow?
Music beautiful music, I do not know the melody just pleasing comforting music, also coming from outside the end of the hall.
Being in a hall there was only one way to go toward the light and the people waiting to meet me.
There was also no reason to look or do anything else they were all there waiting so I assumed they were waiting for me?
As I got closer Leo stepped out and asked me what I was doing there, I did not have an answer I said I did not know, I told him I wanted to go in, that's when he told me to go back!
I said back where and he told me to turn around and go back down the hall,
So I turned around and looked behind me, I could not see anything but darkness, just a dark hall, so black and so dark I could not even see any walls just darkness.
I turned my head back and said I did not want to go back I wanted to go forward toward the people I knew and the lights.
What I thought he said was "it's not your time, go back"
So I turned around and walked into dark, I did not want to but I knew he gave me no choice, I could not go toward the light. I cannot remember now if that is when I woke up in ICU for the first time in 16 days or more Diane would have to tell you.
I can tell you the last thing I remember is leaving Santa Fe, the hallway, and then the next thing I was looking around a room from a hospital bed and Diane was standing over me smiling!
I spoke to her but she would not answer I did not know I had a trach tube in my throat and could not talk.
Looking back now into the 6th month, it all seems like a dream, the ride, the accident, the hospital
Farmington, ICU, Progressive Care and Rehab.
So many friends, doctors, nurses, tests, nurses aids and of course Family."     I'm not sure if we ever know God's real plan. I do believe though that John has a greater purpose and more to do while here in this life. His heart is with God and I have no doubts he will continue moving forward, always making a difference in the life of others.   Have a super day. God Bless.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry










No comments: