Sunday, February 26, 2012

Another Weekend Gone

Hope everyone had a really good weekend.  Mine was fairly uneventful.   Saturday was spent mostly going to city league basketball games.  Ryan's was at 8am Saturday then we returned to watch Coby's at 1pm.  In between the two, I did manage to get in a 90 minute ride. 

Sunday was a good day with the boys.  My wife went for a 2 hour run while my oldest son Ryan followed behind on his long board (the crazy kid road 12 miles on his board).  While they were gone, Coby (my 9yo) and I finally decided to get out the ball and gloves.  The weather was way to nice to sit inside.    Coby is such a natural when it comes to throwing a baseball.  He's been a fun kid to coach and I'm hoping this year will be the same.  We played catch for almost 2 hours then took a short coffee break.  By the time my coffee break was over, Ryan had returned from his long boarding escapade.  He wasn't home for 1/2 hour before talking me into playing some basketball.   Again, I think we played for about 2 hours then called it a day (as far as basketball is concerned).

Oh and where was Keevan during all this???  Whatever we were doing, he was right there as well.  Here's a quick little video.  Checkout his new swimsuit (he starts swimming lessons this week), hit "baseball hat" and his "baseball shoes".    I must say, there's no better responsibility in the world than being a dad.





I was hoping to be riding the dork bike to work this week, but my back has been killing me all weekend.  It's so darn frustrating.  It's one of those questions I find myself asking God......why all the back pain?  Why does cycling have to be the biggest cause of the pain?  Is cycling not a part of my future?  I'm so very hopeful that all this rehab is going to work and one day I will be pain free, but so far, I just have to take it day by day.  It's up and then it's down. 

I got an email from Sam this evening and I responded with my frustrations so I'm hoping he will have some thoughts and maybe some direction as to how to deal with the pain. 

It's coming down to crunch time for the challenge.  The Hippos and Wi's look to battling out the team competition and Someday Skinny continues to get skinnier.   I to, hope to put in a good showing this month.  It's going to be a good month (better if my back would improve).

Well it's getting late so I best get going.  Hope you all have a very good Monday.

No comments: