Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Sleepers Have Awakened

I knew there had to be some sleepers out there. The Wii's have come alive. All the numbers that came in today and yesterday were absolutely impressive. Great job everyone!!! Skinny B and Someday Skinny........impressive losses. You guys are gonna look like Angelina Jolie'e right leg :) (you had to watch the academy awards to get that).

I finally got my butt back into the gym today. After two very stressful days of survey evaluations I was exhausted. Yesterday at the end of the day, Mike and I went for Margaritas. I only had one which is all my wimpy body can handle, but when I got home at about 6:00, I was out for the night. Between last week, which was a chaotic mess and the stress from this week, I needed the rest. I slept for about 12 hours, went into work for maybe an hour then hit the gym. Even at the gym I felt like I was slacking off, but Jay happened to walk in just as I was starting my bag workout. When Jay is there, we both seem to motivate each other so the workout ended on a great note. Soaked with sweat, unable to catch my breath, and my arms not able to be lifted away from my body......all a confirmation of a good workout.

Jay suggested we start live sparring tomorrow (as if there is a such thing as "dead" sparring). Jay is 10 years older than me, but he's about 1000 times faster and hits about a 1000 times harder. I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to be humbled very quickly. My goal is to go into this with a much more positive attitude. What good is the attitude of "I'm going to get my ass kicked by an old man?" I'm a realist so I know I'm going to get hit. The question is......how hard? and where? I'll post pics of any black eyes or bruises.

If any of you are wondering how our accreditation when (as if any of you care) I'll post more about it later. Our survey results still have to go through 2 committee's so I really have no idea where we stand. We did upgrade our respiratory care to clinical respiratory so that alone is going to require more paperwork and more policies. This will allow our company more options as we grow. It will also allow Paula (our respiratory therapist) much more leeway when it comes to evaluating and treating our patients.

I did realize one thing.........I know many of you are nurses...let me just say this, my heart goes out to you with all the paperwork you guys have to do. How do you give 100% of your attention to your patients, when rules, regulations, and laws require you to complete bogus paperwork on every thing you do. I realize it's all about covering your ass (we can thank all the malpractice attorneys for that) but don't you wish that on just one shift, you could give all your time to your patients? Care plans, progress notes, transcribing dr's orders, etc............every nurse I'm sure could benefit from their own secretary.

I know, we can complain all we want, but I don't see the CYA paperwork getting any better. Until frivalous lawsuits are put to an end and compliance regulations really focus on patient care, people trying to care for others will still be tied to paperwork.

Okay I'm done whining for a while. Our surveyor was really helpful. Her knowledge was actually quite impressive. Much more knowledgable than our last surveyor. Everything she talked to us about was only to make us a better company. We've already started working on some of the advice she gave and I'm sure as we grow we will find the value in it. Like I said, I'll comment more on the accreditation process later and I'll let you know how ours turned out.

I'm wore out so I'm gonna go for now. Keep posting the awesome numbers. One month to go. Dig deep during those workouts. Sweat baby sweat!!!! Make those muscles more sore than they have ever been. Bring it!! Hippo's, I'm expecting you to starve yourselves this week:). Kidding! No food after 6pm. It'll make a huge difference. Lots of water too!!!

No comments: