Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fighting..........what a fun workout.




To all of you still hitting the challenge with all you've got......great job.   It's definitely not an easy task.  I must say though, now that I'm starting to see results, the dieting as become so much easier.  It's very rare that I ever crave the crappy foods now.  Just in the last month, I've learned so much about the difference in good foods and bad foods.  I don't think I've ever read so many food labels in my life.  One thing that blew me away were crackers.  I was blown away when I saw how many calories are in a simple cracker.  Some crackers (I don't remember which ones) have 120 calories for only 3 crackers. 

I've done really well with the "Vegan" thing.  Sure a big ol juicy hamburger sounds really good at times, but for now I'm good with my Veggie burgers and Salads.  It's been a good ride so far.   I don't think I'm going to have too hard of a time getting to 165, at least I hope not. 

I used to feel guilty about not working out.  Now I really miss it if I don't get to.  I've really mixed it up just to keep it fun and to keep it from becoming to monotonous.   I'm riding about 3 days a week and going to the gym probably 5 times a week.   A friend of mine used to be an amateur boxer.  He somehow got me interested in grappling (fighting but not really fighting) and working the bags (punching bags).  When he first suggested it, I thought, not a chance.  He's gonna beat the crap out of me.    I knew for sure that I was going to come home with a black eye or maybe even two.  I wrestled in high school but that was what.....20 years ago.  Realize now that this guy has arms bigger than my legs.  When he hits..............it hurts.   Crazy though, I had a blast (I didn't get hit.......yet).  What  a workout  Working the bags came a lot more natural than I thought they would.  He put me through this circuit that involved weights, plyometrics and the bags.  By the time that we finished I was soaked with sweat and could hardly lift my arms.   I haven't had that much fun working out in a long time.  It works every part of your body.  Sore???? Oh my gosh, the next day I was extremely sore.  Couldn't wait to do it again though.   I think tomorrow is the next workout.   I 'll continue to pray that he doesn't say, "hey, let's go full contact". 



No comments: