Monday, February 27, 2012

One day down.

Well I'm exhausted. Day one of two is over. Our surveyor will be spending another 8 hours with us tomorrow. Today consisted of a tour of our facility, riding with one of the driver, going through personnel files and reviewing administrative paperwork.

This is a totally different experience then what we went through 3 years ago. Our first survey only lasted one day and was no where near as thorough as what were going through now.

Our surveyor is extremely smart and knows the industry very well. She has given us a ton of good advice as well as some ideas for us to move forward with. We can't really figure her out though. Not sure how much we can joke around with her or how much we should be walking the line. Mike tried his charm and comedy during the tour and that didn't work one bit. Steven too tried to break the ice, but things really didn't seem to loosen up much.

Tomorrow we start the day off going through patient charts. I don't have a clue as what to expect. She gives us advice but I'm not sure if were being marked delinquent in some areas or not. At the end of the day tomorrow we have an exit interview with the surveyor and the staff. I'm hoping we find out then if we've passed or not. Honestly, I'm a nervous wreck. I'm honestly in the dark as to what she thinks of us so far. I will let you all know as soon as I find out. Lots of prayer and a glass of wine before bed. I'm sure that's the only way I'm going to be able to fall asleep.

I'm wore out. Gonna finish watching the Daytona 500 and then gonna crash for the night. Later.
Rusty-------Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Yuck! I cringe every time I hear the word "accreditation". The first time we were surveyed the guy who came out was training a new hire. Talk about nit-picking! Luckily, I was 8 months preggo and bent over backwards to help him with things so he was super nice. I got a great review.... but we had lots to fix since he had to document everything while training the new guy. I heard when they came for our second visit we had a lady who sounds like your surveyor. Our GM is quite the lady's man and he couldn't sweet talk her. Good luck!! :)