Friday, February 17, 2012

Hola Hola Hola, Waasssss UP!!!! :)

I'm still here.  Sorry for the lack of posting lately.  Just have a ton of things going on.  I've been sort of a gut check in a lot areas:)

First let's discuss the weight loss challenge.  I'm guessing some of you are struggling.  If you are, don't be so darn hard on yourself.  Even if you have some down days or just aren't seeing the pounds come off, don't quit.  Tomorrow is a new day.  Heck, the next hour is a new hour.  Dig deep and beat the urge of falling off the wagon.  At the beginning of the challenge, I get a ton of emails about how good people are doing and how much weight they are dropping.  Over time the emails start to slow down,,,,why????    Remember how good you felt when you were sticking to your plan?  Compare that to how let down you may feel when either gaining the weight, or just eating crappy food. 

Don't let the frustration get you down.  Remember it's got to be a lifestyle change.  It can't be a January thru April thing. Treat yourself once a week (not an entire day) to your "crappy food":).  (There you go AW)
All in all though, you need to look long term.  Here's a super example.  Take a look at this amazing blog. http://theamazing39stonecyclist.wordpress.com/pictures/

This was on Fatty's website (Thanks Elden) so I guess I should give him credit.  Heck, Look at Fatty's site too.  He's about to start another contest so get involved.  It's a lot of fun.

You've gotta want it real bad.  You've got to want those smaller jeans more then you want that chocolate cake or that before bed snack.   So if you have given up or feel frustrated......please don't.  Start from scratch if you have to.  Rewrite those goals and move forward from here. 

Some people are still posting some impressive numbers.  Someday Skinny is the first to hit double digits.  The Wii's and the Hippo's are still battling out in the team division.   What in the world happen to the Sexy Mamas???   And did 2 of the 4 Phat Chicks turn skinny or what??

So the other gut check thing...........not really a gut check but more like a motivator or self improvement tool.  I was never too much of a Joel Osteen fan (the guy just seems way too happy) :)  .  Actually, I've always been a fan, but have never read any of his books.  After seeing his interview on Oprah I was intrigued enough to buy his latest book Everyday a Friday.   In fact, I enjoyed the first couple of chapters so much, I downloaded the audio version onto my IPOD.   

When running a company, raising a family, whatever it is you do,  things are bound to get to you after a while.   I've mentioned this in the past, but it was also the main topic in chapter one and that would be, Choose Joy.   Being joyous is completely and totally up to you.   Nobody has the right to take that joy away from you but more importantly, don't give anyone the power to take it. 

This week I've been working on the whole notion of choosing joy.  And for the most part it has worked.  Don't get me wrong, I've failed a many of times and I'm sure I'll fail many more, but it's a work in progress (sort of like the dieting).  

I realize that in some of my other posts I haven't been the most supportive person of "organized religion" and a company blog probably isn't the best place to talk about it, but one thing I know for sure............  I need God.   I need Him to be complete.  Something always feels like it's missing when I distance myself from him.   I'm not a Bible thumping, scripture reading guy, but I'm not naive enough to think I can do all of this on my own.  I'm far from being a good representative of Christ and fall way short of the expectations I put upon myself as a follower of Christ, but like I was saying to a team member this morning (we weren't talking God), all I can do is move forward.

God is truly my crutch.  Running a medical supply company (DME) is a nerve racking task.  Between dealing with medicare, insurance cuts, marketing, employees, patients, etc......it literally weighs on you at times.   There are days when the future scares the crap out of me.   Republican, Democrat, I don't have a clue as to what is better for this country or our healthcare system.   The elderly shouldn't go broke while trying to pay for healthcare.  I saw yesterday where we now have a shortage of Leukemia drugs.  Are you friggin kidding me???   Obama (or the other candidates) can raise millions for their campaigns, yet we are struggling to pay for life saving drugs for little kids.   Holy crap we are a messed up country.   God must just look down on us and shake his head.  How selfish we have become.   We all want the best of everything, but at what cost?  Is it God's plan for each of us to make millions and screw everyone else?    I believe in working my butt off to better my life and those around me, but I also think it is everyones responsibility to help those around us (no i'm not a democrat:) )   Don't ya think we get to hung up in the whole conservative liberal thing?  In the end, aren't we all just people?     The other night I was watching Orange County Choppers and it showed Donald Trump talking to Senior.  Senior of course was bad mouthing Jr. and the Donald said, "Leave him nothing".  Meaning take him out of the will.    Donald......Shut the heck up.  I bet the Trump has never once had his hands dirty.  Like Obama, does he really know what "real" work is all about?   Let's see some callouses boys...........

Crap, I really went off on a tanget there.  Sorry.  Anyway......................

Choose JOY:)    Make a difference in somebody's day with just a smile.   Honestly, your smile really does make a positive imprint on someone elses day. 

I have completely lost track of whatever the heck it was that I was going to say, so I'm going to get for now.  I hope I haven't offended anyone, if so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cry me a river.  Go find some JOY:)

Later folks!!!!

I'm too tired to go back and proof read this. So forgive me for any grammatical error you may find.

No comments: