Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy V-Day

I am unbelievably sore after yesterday's workout.  It's a "good" sore, but nonetheless, I'm sore all over.  Sam, (the therapist helping to fix my back and my diet) started me on Box Squats and holy cow, the insides of my legs are beyond sore.  Squats along with lunges have made walking today a very tedious task.  After the weights came the cardio with the bags (note the lovely picture in the last post).   Basically what we do is a variety of cardio stuff with 2 minutes on each bag (yesterday there were 3 bags) then weights, jump rope, and abs all thrown in.   Then after 30 minutes of this, we do what we call "burn out", where you do 30 seconds of hitting the bag as fast and hard as you can non stop.  By the 4th set, I could barely raise my arms.  Every cell in my body was going on strike.  "Stop or we make you stop":).     As hard as it gets though, it is so much fun. 

So that was my day yesterday......... 

Today as you can see by looking outside, it's a gorgeous Valentines day outside.........NOT!!! Holy Cow this weather sucks!!!   I love the snow, but I could do without the wind.  Even my dogs were saying, "please don't make us go out in this!!"   Looks like I'll be riding indoors this week, yuck!!

So what is everyone doing for their spouses for Valentines?  I'm being a complete loser.  I'm hoping to take my wife to lunch, but I think that will be all we do today.  I didn't buy flowers (I hate using a holiday as an excuse to buy flowers) but I show up with unannounced flowers throughout the year.  Does that give me a "bye" for Valentines day?   I guess if I get the silent treatment later, I'll know the answer to that question. 

I've got a pile of things I want to talk about, but think I'm going to have to postpone some of them for a while. 

Are there days you feel like you are "all talk"?   Meaning you say youre going to live one way yet you don't quite live up to "those ways".    Live each day to the fullest............yet do we?    Kids grow up so fast, make the most while they are young............do we?    This is the one that scares me, "Nobody on their death bed ever says, 'I wish I would have spent more time at the office'. "  

There are days when I really feel the need to "get my crap together".   Start living what I preach. 

Bear with me as I type all this stuff out and sort of skip all over the place.    Remember a while back when I posted something about expectations.  About having expectations of others only to be let down when those expectations arent meant......

The other night I was watching interview of Joel Osteen and his wife.  I don't remember the exact question but it was directed towards his wife and she was asked, do you have the perfect storybook marriage.   Again, I don't remember her exact response, but she basically said, I focus on the good things with Joel and don't dwell on the very small difference we may have.    Like I said, I don't know her exact answer, but whatever it was, it caught my attention.   

It makes you wonder... Does Joel do these tedious ass things that just drive her nuts, yet she is filled with so much joy and belief that those things really do not matter?  No clue!!

Case in point: yesterday I had to go home for lunch.  Walk through the door to see my wife putting this huge piece of wood on what very small coals were left in the wood stove.  Wouldn't it be easier to put wood on the fire while the fire was going rather then letting the fire pretty much burn out then putting wood on it?   She know's this drives me nuts (really for no reason except that in my male brain, it just does't make sense).  Soooooo at the end of the work day, about 6pm, I walk through the door..............there she is again:)  trying to get the fire going with a few hot coals and a big ol piece of wood.    Cmon, are you kidding me?  

I didn't say a word, but I allowed this to bug me all night long.  So now comes the morning.  I'm frustrated with myself in letting something this "petty" get to me.    More often than not, my wife does the dishes, the laundry, works two days at the office, shuttles kids all over the place, and is one of two people responsible for the local "Bike the Bluff" race.  Now really, should I be acting like such an ass over putting wood on the fire?  Don't answer that, as the more I write, the bigger of an ass I feel. 

Marriage is a lot of friggin work and I pretty much suck at it.  Now I'm not taking all the blame here.  It's a two way street.  The problem lies in getting the two people involved to walk the same direction on that 2 way street.   I often think that this is just a cruel joke on God's part.  He purposely made men and women two very different creatures.   We think on different wavelengths.  You know He's just up there laughing His butt off saying "I'm enjoying the show" and I'm sure most of us are putting on a good comedy.

Now before some of you start saying, "geeze your quite the ass",  I could be writing a book on this subject.  I am the master at over analyzing something and keeping a ton of emotion inside.   Here's another for ya......How often do you feel like talking to someone, youre married, you have a ton of friends, and yet, you have no one to talk to?   It's crazy to think of how lonely the world can feel even when you have some of the greatest friends around.  What's up with that? 

I really don't have a clue as to what I'm writing about........maybe now your brain can feel as dizzy and cluttered as mine.  

Anyway, it's a snow Valentines day and I hope you all have a good one.  As you can see, I have a million questions and I hope one day will have more answers.  At the moment though.................. just questions:)

Have a super day.

PS: just went back and reread what I wrote...................Dear Lord!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Pedaldork said...

Touche':) scientist. Though that wasn't the case with the fire.