Wednesday, April 25, 2012

171# and counting

I weighed in at 171 pounds today.  That's 17 pounds so far and only 6 to go.  The cool part is, I've hardly been trying to lose.  I've been eating good, but really haven't been starving myself.  I'm riding a little more which probably helps, plus running with the boys at little league practice.  Dang these kids are out of shape!  I woop up on them every time.  Guess the xbox doesn't go much for cardio.........hmmm imagine that:).

I've got the Ironhorse coming up in just over a month and my goal this year is to get my time back to under 3 hours.  Last year I think I was 3:17 which is by far my slowest ever.  I'm lighter and hopefully faster than last year so hopefully I'll see some improvement.    Scott has helped me a ton and his ability to motivate is like no other.   The guy just has some weird mental capability that makes you want and believe you can do more.   I'll be increasing my miles and my climbing starting this week.   Now I'll just have to beg my wife for some extra morning riding times.  She usually goes on Mon,Tues and Thurs, not sure if she's willing to give any up though.  She's doing the Barn Burner in Flagstaff which is brutal.  I've got no desire to hurt that bad.   Give me pavement any day of the week. 

Speaking of pavement.........I got a text from a friend the other day (I don't have permission to disclose any names as of yet) stating that he now knew why cyclists shave their legs... CRASHING!!!

Heres what cinders can do to your backside and legs:

Oh and I would love to have my ass that bald:)  heck if I was that delinquent in the hair category, I'd never wear clothes:).  


Ok, I have no idea why the pictures posted sideways, but you get the idea.  Try keeping wounds like that clean when you have it mixed with hair, cinders, and pavement.

Did you ever see the commercial they were running while the Tour de France was going on?
It said, "If you want to know what it feels like to crash on a road bike, jump out of a moving car going 60 mph wearing only your underwear"

All I know is that crashing sucks.  No matter how slow youre going, it hurts. 

Oh and here's a challenge for all you fitness buffs.  I get an email from Sam the other day saying that he wants me to set a goal of 2 minutes for side planks.  I thought, piece of cake!!  Ya, whatever.  30 seconds was all I was capable of.  My obliques were sore for a week.  Today though, I hit one minute.  My goal is 2 minutes by the end of May.  We shall see!!

Side Plank
(keep your body straight)

No comments: