Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Someday Skinny..................Wow!!!

I typically don't post emails that are sent to me,  but this one was a little special.  One reason being that Someday Skinny was extremely thankful for the challenge, but mostly because they shared something that was very personal and private with me (and have now given me permission to share with everyone else). 

Back when I received the first email, it just made me day to read it.  Do you remember you first little one?  Or just finding out that your family is about to add one more little one to the brood?  I loved the excitement of the email.  The best part of all though is the video.  Dad's response is priceless.   I start laughing just thinking about it.   Anyway, here's the first email, I hope you get as much joy out of it as I did.

Dear Pedaldork,
I'm sad to say (but also very excited!) that the day after my last weight was submitted, I found out I'm pregnant! I went to the doctor this week and found out it's official so I don't really see it as a wise decision to continue to try to lose weight at this point :).


I'm extremely disappointed that I was SO close to my goal weight of 130 and will have to cut that short with only 3 lbs. to go and that the month is almost over! I feel like I could've done it within a few more weeks.


I am VERY excited to have a little one on the way though, and also very excited that I'm starting this pregnancy weighing almost 30 lbs. less than I did when I got pregnant with my first child. I'm also on a roll with good eating habits and hope to incorporate that into this pregnancy to hopefully have a healthy weight throughout the pregnancy.


Thank you so much for putting together this challenge! I've been trying to reach these weight loss goals for almost 5 years and something about this challenge gave me the motivation to finally do it! I really appreciate all your encouragement and everything you've done to keep it going and keep me motivated! I can't tell you how much just losing this weight has boosted my confidence and changed so many aspects of my life!


I'm due in November, so maybe if you do the challenge again next year, I'll have the baby weight to lose and a shot at winning!

Thanks again!!
 
Here's the best part:    Best Reaction Ever
 
Make sure you listen to all of what dad says.  OMG it's hilarious.  Remember that shocked scared feeling?? :)
 
A few day's ago, I got a second email from Ashley.  Oh and by the way, Ashley, thanks so much for sharing all this. 
 
Ashley sent over some before and after pics that are just ossm!!!!  I hope it inspires everyone else as much as it has me.  What an amazing change.    And to all you other moms out there:  To be willing to gain all that weight during pregnancy, lose it,  then gain it again....all for the sake of being a mom and raising a family.................you are nuts!!:)      No but really, thanks for being so selfless and unselfish. (do those words mean the same thing:) )  You know what I was trying to say. 
 
 
So here's the befores and afters:
 


Check out her little tiny arms:)  Love it!!!
Awesome Job Someday Skinny!!!!! Just Outstanding!!!


1 comment:

*Ash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.