Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dear God, Please Be with Newell and Family

Having a hard time with some stuff tonight.  If you keep up with this blog (you poor poor soul) you may possibly remember that I've mentioned Newell a few times.  Over the last few years, Newell has become a very special friend.  I admire the guy in so many ways, but lately my heart just breaks for him.  I don't know if I've mentioned it, but he has two children diagnosed with Mitochondrial Disease.  Don't ask me to explain it, but go to his blog to read more about it.  http://www.shamelesscyclist.blogspot.com/

If you have ever had the privilege to meet his little boy Seth, he will melt your heart in a second.  Heck all of his kids will.  They are such an awesome family.  Anyway, there is so little known about Mitochondrial Disease that it leaves those dealing with the illness searching and searching for more answers and coming up with even more questions. 
Seth (isn't he just adorable) and Newell
(I hope Newell doesn't mind me stealing a photo from his blog)

Spencer is the oldest son.  What an awesome kid.  I've ridden bikes with him and the kid can go forever.  Just this past week, Newell learned that Spencer too may have some form of Mitochondrial Disease.  Ugh!!!!!!This is very hard for me to write tonight.  Because I try to put myself in Newell's position and I know I would fall a part.   Have you heard the saying, "God will never give you more than you can handle".  Well right now I think that is a bunch of crap.  Yo God!!! Relax a little.  Give this family a break.  Allow Newell to have one restful night!!! 

I feel so so helpless!  What do you tell a friend, a dad, who is hurting so badly when you really have no answers yourself?   He tries his hardest to put on a strong front when at work or even around me, but again, I'm a dad too.  I know he's hurting and scared.  I want to help, but have no idea how.  

My problems are so miniscule.  What is Spencer thinking when his head hits the pillow at night?  I don't even want to know what Newell is thinking.   Damn!! There's got to be some answers out there!  I keep praying for some miracle treatment that just comes out of no where.  This family deserves that kind of blessing.   Matthew 18:20 says, "When two or more gather in my name, there I am among them",  Ok God, you have a family of 6 and I don't know how many friends all praying together,  lets see some results here, some positive friggin results!! 

So I ask you,  whatever God you may pray to, please please please, keep Newell and his family at the forefront of those prayers. 

No comments: