Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Spring is here

As you can see from the lack of posts, things have been pretty busy.  Little league is in full swing with practices almost every night.  I feel like I'm slacking at work as much of my evening has been consumed with baseball.    My guys have really stepped up and covered for me while I'm off playing.   I promised myself that I was going to spend some good fishing time with my dad this spring/summer, but of course I haven't reached that goal either.  I need to take a chill pill and step back and smell the roses.  

This past Sunday, my wife and I headed out for a 5:30am ride with Todd and Katie.  What a gorgeous morning.  There was no traffic and the winds were perfectly calm.  We met at the go karts and headed up towards Hondah.  From there we headed down the hill to the Roberts Ranch turn off.  This is typically where we turn around and time ourselves back up the "Whiteriver Hill".    Sunday was no different.  It was a time trial for the next 5.1 miles.  Painful is what it was.  My hamstrings were still sore from doing squats on Friday and on Saturday night we had taken my oldest son out for dinner for his birthday so I was also feeling the repercussions of eating a crappy dinner.   My fastest time up this hill is 23:30 or something like that.  Well on Sunday, it took me more than 27 minutes.  I was shot. 
The best part, I was able to get in a 2 1/2 hour ride.  This is the longest I've been able to ride since starting the rehab on my back.  Felt really good to be out riding pain free.  I'm looking forward to a really good summer.   Baseball, cycling, and fishing:)  oh ya and working. 


So have most of you kept your weight off?  What's crazy..........I haven't heard from the winner yet!!! That's 400.00 bucks that someone is missing out on.!!   Email me people! I have your moolah!!! mail@alphaoxymed.com

I should probably get some work done before having to head off to practice.  These kids are gonna be wore out by weeks end.  Hope you all are having a great spring.  It's gorgeous outside today!!!!

No comments: