Monday, April 2, 2012

Beautiful Morning

Had a very good, but a very cold ride this morning.  When I left my house, the computer said it was 30 degrees with a 26 degree windchill.   As I headed up to Pinetop, the initial chill on my frozen face finally gave in to a little warmth, but there was going to be no sweating this morning. 

Being the Monday after Spring Break, I expected a lot more traffic, but instead it seemed to be a very peaceful and quiet morning.  As I turned the corner near the movie theater and headed up past the school, the sun was starting to come up through the clouds that had were covering the eastern sky.  It was a gorgeous site.  You could see the individual rays spreading in a dozen different directions.  It reminded me of the sun logo on CBS Sunday Morning.

Of course it was missing the facial features, but the rays were so defined.  Arriving up near Hondah, it seemed to be getting colder rather than warmer.  Little did I know, I had a tail wind going up.  As soon as I turned to head back down, the cold wind sent an instant chill through every part of clothing I had.  My warm face was once again frozen and I had 10 miles to go.   Needing to get home and showered to get the boys to school and already running late, I had no choice but to pedal hard and fast to get home.  This made it warmer, but the darn wind was miserable.  No matter how hard I pedaled, it felt like I was in slow motion.  Finally, though turning down the road to my house, I was happy I went.  There is no better way to start the day.  Your head feels so much clearer, youre much more postive and motivated to face the day.  Even the cold doesn't take away the feeling you get after such a great ride.  It just adds to moment. 

So, it looks like we have about 3 hours till the end of the challenge.  I've yet to look at the current standings, but some of you are very close to each other.  One sock on the scale could mean the difference between placing and not placing. 

More importantly though is how well people did.  This is by far the best turn out we've had and by far the longest that people have stayed motivated and involved.  I hope all of you stick with the better lifestyle.  Even more important than the weight loss is the effects on your health.  Lower cholesterol, normal blood sugars, lower blood pressure, etc,,,,  you feel so much better both physically and emotionally when youre eating better.  Keep up with the exercise, its good for the soul.   

Anyway, I will post the winners this afternoon.  Hope you all are having a super day.

Later! 


No comments: