Sunday, December 30, 2007

1 More Day

One more day of Coffee. Well I'm giving up coffee for 2008, and I'm going to enjoy the heck out of it tomorrow. Since it will likely be a hectic day at work, I should have ample opportunity to make several stops at the drive thru Coffee Hut. They just told me today that they have a new Peanut Butter and Chocolate Latte; sort of like a drinkable Reeses peanut butter cup. So needless to say, I'll definitely give that a try.

I'm actually looking forward to 2008. I'm psyched about the weight loss challenge as we've had a great response as far as signups are concerned. My goal now is to keep everyone inspired. I want everyone to see success. I'm going to be posting a page on the website regarding information on setting goals. I'm a big fan of goal setting but I'm not sure how good I'll be at putting my thoughts down on this blog. We'll see.

I've spent most of today trying to organize all my cycling stuff (spent the day cleaning out my dresser and my closet). The worst part about winter riding is finding all the clothes it takes to stay comfortable. I bought a big cedar chest just for my cycling clothes but so far my wife has it filled with Christmas stuff. That's going to come to an end really quick.

With regards to setting goals for 2008, it's super important to write them down. If you keep the ideas locked in your head, then that's all they are.....ideas. You've got to put it down on paper. Even after writing down your goals, you need to write down specific ways your going to reach those goals. IE. Let's say your goal is to Lose more weight.

Now you have to write down exactly how your going to do it. And no you can't just say "diet". Write down what foods you are going to allow yourself to eat? What foods are off limits?? Is exercise involved?? If so, how often, when, what type? Your goals (resolutions) have to be precise. I'll post mine (the non-personal) ones on the challenge website as an example.

I hope everyone has super plans for 2008. There will of course be the typical downs, but let's all do our best to stay positive and use our struggles as experiences to learn from.

See you in 2008!!!!!!!!

No comments: