Thursday, December 13, 2007

Motivation????


Man, I'm not sure where my motivation has been this week. I'm on my 5th day of my increase in thyroid meds (125mcg), and I'm waiting for the energy to appear. I did the P90X workout on Tuesday evening and felt great. Yesterday was a good day. Today......oh man I just felt like crap. A little nauseous most of the day and tonight I'm wiped. On monday, I'm going to see how many days straight I can ride my bike to the office. Of course this will depend on the weather. (My only allowable excuse is Snow/Rain) Riding seems to minimize the butt kicking symptoms of my thyroid. My wife will agree that it also helps keep me in a tolerable mood.
My diet has been....well....non existent. I'm eating whatever my hand puts in my mouth. I think I can quit using the excuse "it's the off season". Since most of the early season races are down in Phoenix, February becomes a very busy month as far as racing is concerned. While those guys are enjoying perfect riding weather, we're up here freezing our butts off. Where's the love??? Like P.O.D. says, time to harden up!!! Another way to look at it is, When your not training, your competition is. I'm not too worried about winning right now (or ever), but I definitely don't want to be dropped from the pack at the beginning of the season.
As far as the Weight Challenge is concerned, we're starting to get some good feedback. It's a couple of weeks before weigh ins. I hope we have a good response to this. I think it can be a lot of fun and it has the potential to help people be successful with their weightloss.
Well tomorrow is another day. Trying to live by my own words, I'll make it the best day I can.

3 comments:

Cycling Phun said...

HEY! Dude! So the P90 workout... how's that going for you? I heard it was pretty sweet from someone at work.

Pedaldork said...

I Love it. It's a major butt kicker. I thought I was in at least half decent shape, but I was rudely mistaken. The Leg Workout.....being a cyclist I thought it would be a piece of cake.I could barely walk two days later. I haven't stuck to it the way I would like but come Jan 1, I hope to hammer it out everyday.

Boz said...

We now have 6-7" of powder on the ground here. Not like northern AZ were folks actually know what to do with it on the ground. I'll be delayed getting my commuting underway. Ping me an email at craig.basler@charter.net

Boz