Thursday, December 20, 2007

Just Ramblin

First of all, the weight loss challenge signups are going well. I'm both excited and proud to see these people step up and meet the challenge. Besides myself, we had the first guy sign up today. Hats off to "Hotforteacher". We'll see how he does. He's a good friend of mine and I know he's at the gym every morning so he may be some stiff competition.

I was blessed with the chance to get a few hours of riding outside this week. I got in an hour on Monday and another hour today. It was great. It's always nice to be able to ride outside this time of year. I'll take 5 minutes outside versus an hour on the trainer any day. That thing is so tedious. I've thought about getting my wife one, just so I'll have someone to ride indoors with. Here's some pictures of my rides this week. To all you east coasters, yes it does snow in Arizona. We are blessed here in Eastern Arizona. I think we have some of the prettiest country around. And like most, I tend to take it for granted.

I passed these Apache Cowboys rounding up cattle for branding. I wish I would of hung around to get more pictures. I was a farrier for 10 years before starting our medical supply business. I enjoy watching horses perform, whether it be rounding up cattle or jumping in an arena. They are truly a magnificent animal. I know these cowboys must of been thinking, "whose the guy in the tights with the camera?" "He ought to get himself a horse."

I guess it's supposed to start snowing again tomorrow so it may be a while before I get out again. Let's see, I think I had an avg HR of about 160. Probably not ideal for this time of year but it was nice to wake up the lungs. I used my "Italian Cycling Mirror" for he first time today. I loved it. I'm not sure it will save my life, but it's pretty cool to see what's going on behind you. I was actually surprised when riding back into town, how many people actually did move over into the farther lane. I was both shocked and appreciative.

My thyroid levels still haven't leveled out but I'm optimistic they will soon. I'm still on the 125mcg with the addition of 137mcg once a week. I still think I'm low in that my legs hurt like crazy, I'm moodier then heck (my poor wife), and I can't concentrate worth a darn. But I'm hoping I'm on the downhill side. I really want to start off 2008 on a good note.


No comments: