Monday, December 10, 2007

The Scale Is Going The Wrong Way

The weight challenge starts in about 3 weeks and I was thinking I was going into it weighing about 175 pounds. This has been my typical weight for about the last 3 months. When I first had my thyroid ablated in October 2006, I think I hit about 185. That's the most I've ever weighed. Remember I'm only 5'9".

We got a new scale at the office today. One that is more accurate than my home scale. When I got on the little step plate I thought the little adjustment thing was just stuck (It's supposed to move down as you add weight). Well it didn't move, at least not until I hit 182. 182!!!!! Holy Cow. If I keep going this way, I should be fairly square by Christmas.
This is definitely a motivator in that I was hoping to be around 160 by the end of May. I guess it's time to start cutting back on the coffee. Man this is hard to do. I love coffee in the wintertime. Plus, I just bought a new thing of creamer, Pumpkin Spice.....yummm.

I was going to start my P90X Workout tonight but I spent the entire evening looking at a website a friend sent me, http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/shortsummary.html . If you have a chance to visit the site, it is definitely worth your time. I listened to both of his lectures and they are outstanding. Anyway, I guess it comes down too.......how would you live your life differently if diagnosed with a terminal illness tomorrow? Ok I won't go into my little schpeal (don't know how to spell it) right now. Just live each day to the fullest. It's something I'm trying to work on daily.

No comments: