Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Bye Bye Blackberry

Last week I took the plunge and traded my Blackberry for a Droid Pro.  I sadly pretty much live through my Blackberry.  As far as email is concerned, there is nothing easier than a Blackberry.  It had gotten to the point that I could type an email without even looking at my phone.  It fit perfectly in my hand and my chubby fingers had no problem hitting the keys.

Blackberry's software is produced by RIM (Research in Motion) and when they first came out they were the best.  Every one who needed access to their email quickly had a BlackBerry and Blackberry users are faithful to their phones.  Right now, if Blackberry cameout with better software and more apps, I'd trade the droid in a second, but RIM seems to be falling further and further behind with both their software and their phones.  The straw that broke the camels back was the announcement that Google was no longer going to offer Gmail support to Blackberry.   Google has become such a powerhouse in the tech world.  How can you produce a product and expect to be successful without either Google or Apple on board?    Blackberry has struggled to move forward and I really hope they succeed as I would love to return to being a Blackberry Faithful.

My new droid has pretty much used up all my patience.  It has both a keyboard and touch screen which is nice, but the keys are smaller and sending a text at least for now requires me to hit the back button several times as I'm constantly hitting the wrong key.  Learning this thing is going to be a work in process.  I'm sure there are those of you with Droids and love them.  I hope to get to a point that I'm pretty good at it and have no choice right now but to try.  I guess it's better than a flip phone.  For those of you that can text without a touch screen or keyboard........more power to ya.  I'd end up just throwing the thing out the window.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

should have gone with the Iphone.

Anonymous said...

Touché on the iphone

Pedaldork said...

iphone is what.....about 2lbs heavier than the droid:)

Anonymous said...

Yeah...u probably made the right choice w the droid.... U don't need the added weight when u step on the scale :)

Pedaldork said...

Oh ouch!! That hurt