Friday, December 9, 2011

Coby and his sport coat.

The weekend is almost here.  I'm really looking forward to our Christmas dinner tonight.  It'll be fun having everyone together.

Last night we went to the kid's Christmas musical.  The school usually keeps it short and sweet so I actually enjoy going to it.  Plus there is always cookies and drinks afterwards:) .  Believe it or not, I didn't have one cookie, not a single one.   And (I know you don't start a sentence with "and") not to single anyone out, but Coby (my 9yo) looked absolutely adorable.   He's been wanting a sport coat to wear but the darn things are so expensive.   We found some the other night but didn't end up getting one.  He was so upset.  So of course it bugged me all day, I called my wife and had her go ahead and get him one.  I'm so glad I did.  He looked great.  Afterwords I told him that I had noticed he even got to stand next to the cutest girl in the class:).  All I got was big grin.

What a handsome young man.

I haven't weighed yet today, but as you can see by my stats over there on the right, I haven't lost more than 3 lbs.  I'm good with it for now though.  With tonight's party and another tomorrow, it's gonna be tough to be good the entire time.   One thing is for sure though, after watching that food documentary, it is much easier to be pickier about what I eat.     It still just blows me away what they put in our foods.   I was reading the back of a mayonnaise jar the other day and like most foods, you can't even pronounce most of the ingredients.  Speaking of reading, I came across a book called Life Plan and of course immediately downloaded it to my ipad.  Just started reading it last night and really enjoyed it.  This guy makes some great points.  There's a lot of debate about hormone replacement.  Too much causes cancer they say, but there are others that say it's just the opposite.  The FDA of course makes suggestions against it, but after watching the documentary about Dr. Burzynksi and his treatment for cancer, I don't have a lot of faith in the FDA.   It's just another politically motivated agency.  30 years ago, it was heart attacks that killed everyone.  Now it seems like everyone you know has been affected in some way or other by cancer.  How can we be so naive not to think that part of this is environmental (our food)?   

Ok I'll get off my high horse for now.  I hope you all have a super weekend.  Maybe it'll be a bit warmer.



No comments: