Friday, December 23, 2011

Season of Giving

While I think the title is a bit of a misnomer, as I think we should always be giving, I just wanted to share this. 

The other night just as I was walking through the door, my wife said she just got a text from a friend.  The text said, "is your husband out playing Christmas angel again?"   I just figured she had saw me buying some stuff at walmart or something. 

This friend of my wife's (our families have been friends for quite some time), the family has had a tough time financially.  They lost their business and just had a really tough year.  Anyway, apparently someone had knocked on their door the other night and took off.  When they answered the door, all they found was an envelope.................inside was $500.00 cash. 

Isn't that just friggin awesome!!!!    While I feel honored that they thought it was me, I just find it really heartening to know there are people out there so willing to give of themselves and seek no credit for it.  It's people like this that still give you hope for humanity. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I had a Christmas angel. Glad to know there are people out there that do those kinds of things.