Tuesday, December 20, 2011

No pounds lost.........oh that's a surprise

My heart goes out to all of you who have dieted and lost, or those of you who struggle and fight your hardest to maintain your desired weight.  If you have noticed, I haven't posted my weight for about a week now.  Mostly because I'm too lazy to do the the strip down weigh in, but also because I'm not sure I want to know.  This time of year is just crazy to try and lose any decent amount of weight.  There is food everywhere and it's not just food, but it's good sugar and fat filled food.  We have sales people sending us boxes of chocolate, plates of cookies,  it doesn't end.  Our awesome Medline rep sent this box of amazing chocolates and just as luck would have it, my nephew Ty along with Ty Webster and Keevan Schimmel at the entire box.  Maybe thats what I should do,,,,,,,,make a bunch of care packages for all the college kids that have worked here over the last few summers.  I'll just help them along with the freshman 15.    Freshman 15???? What about the 20 lbs you gain when your 40?   40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I can't believe I'm 40 years old.  I feel like I was just studying for college finals a few years ago.      There's got to be a secret to youth somewhere.

Well, Mr. Hale just left my office.  He came in to thank us for the wheelchair we gave his daughter.  If youre from the area, you will know Mr. Hales kids were in a horrible accident about a month ago.  One was killed and another were hurt pretty bad.  I just, for the life of me, can't even imagine what he and his family are going through.   Things like this just aren't supposed to happen.  If you have had the honor and priviledge of meeting Mr. Hale, he's one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.  Always has a smile on his face and you know inside he must be just torn to pieces.  

So!!!!! On a brighter note...........are you ready for Christmas?  I'm slowly getting there.  Ryan (my 12yo) has been wanting a guinea pig (he wanted a real pig but that wasn't happening) so sometime this week I'm heading over to Flag to buy not one, but two guinea pigs (I hear they do better with company).  I have no idea who in my family reads this blog so I can't post any gifts right now, but will surely do so after Christmas. 
I love this time of year and I love giving to people, so Christmas is a lot of fun for me. 

Ok time to get back to work.  My new office is getting painted today (by my nephew:) ).  If any of you locals need work done, he's trying to earn money while on break.    I'm thinking about a bright red door.  Just to mix it up a little. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES !!! Do a red door !!! Then I can come in and sing "I see your Red door, and I want it painted BLACK !!!!!"
-Kendall-