Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's been a week???

Wow I can't believe it's already been a week since my last post.  This week has been super busy.  Christmas is going to be here before I know it and I don't want the "season" to pass me by.

Friday night was the company Christmas Party.  I really like supporting the Girardi's so we opted for El Rancho.   I know I say this all the time,  but I have such an outstanding team.  I have never seen a group of people work so well together.  They work their tails off and never have one negative thing to say about anything.  Steven, Michael, Mike, and Denice are about the funniest darn people you could ever be around.  There is never a dull moment when they're together.   I thank God everyday for blessing me with not only great employees, but some of the best friends anyone could ever ask for.  The dinner was a great time for all of us to finally relax and have a great time together.

Last Saturday, my two younger boys (my oldest was in Phx), my wife and I went to see the lights at Camp Tatiyee.  It was a small production but I'm glad we went.  The donations go towards a good cause and Keevan got to see Santa Clause for the first time.  Once we saw Santa though, Keev wanted nothing to do with him.  He wanted no part of Santa's lap until Christy and Coby sat down as well.

Isn't this the coolest looking Santa

We've been growing like crazy at work and lately I have been without a work area.  I usually just grab a little table, turn on the laptop and work away.  The problem is, when everyone is at work (two team members alternate days) I have no place to work.  Funny huh, the boss has no desk, no computer, no phone, no nothing.  So this past Sunday, I decided to build me a office inside of our big office.  From 10 am till about 11pm, I was building walls, putting up drywall, and putting in a door.  Today I finished the texturing the drywall and now it's ready for paint and trim.  Here's a pic of the unfinished product.
I now have an 88sq ft office.  Not bad for a white collar guy with a biology degree huh? (don't pay attention to the mess in the corner,it'll be cleaned up tomorrow)

Another project that not really me, but my wife has been working on,  is the gingerbread house for the gingerbread village competition.  Businesses are asked to build theme like gingerbread houses where they go on display this weekend at the Real Estate Center (just above Bell Gas).  The them this year is "Who Ville".  My wife did such an awesome job.  I never knew she had such an artistic side.  

 Check out the rice crispy mini vans:)

 Christy made the Grinch out of colored tootsie rolls.  So cool.

We'll be gone this weekend, so we're not going to be able to see what everyone else came up with.  I gotta say though, I'm proud of all the work my wife and Denice put into this.  Better than I could ever do.

Speaking of this weekend, were heading down to Phoenix this weekend with the Romingers.  We're hoping to get a little Christmas shopping done then go to a Coyotes game on Saturday night.  It'll be a nice break from the hectic week.  Sunday were going to head home via Flagstaff.  I have a few referral sources I want to get some gifts for and want to give them something special.  I have something in mind and Flagstaff is the only place I can get it (can't tell cuz I don't know who reads this thing).

Oh ya, the diet thing..................this week wasn't a good diet week.  I haven't even made the time to weigh in so I have no idea where I'm at.  I'm sure I'm back at my 183 but I'm not sure.  My left shoulder has been bugging my so I had an MRI done on Monday.  Dr. Cavanaugh called me today and told me that something is wrong with my AC joint and Labrum but that's about all I know for now. He didn't go into detail except that he said I should probably have it injected.  I'll talk more in depth to Newell tomorrow.  I'm hoping for something that is minimally invasive.

Ok, it's getting late so I best be going.  Gotta get up early.  I've got a ton to do so that I can get out of here tomorrow at a decent time.  I'm hoping to finish the Weight Challenge flyers tomorrow and start handing them out this coming Monday.  The new year will be here before we know it.  

No comments: