Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Ready for the Challenge Yet??

So what are your plans for the New Year?  Do you have a strategy for the Weight Loss Challenge??  I'm really excited to get started.  For some weird and unknown reason, I don't have the motivation to start dieting before the start date.   I've been working out everyday, but I haven't really been watching what I'm eating.  I know for a fact thought, that as of midnight on the 1st, I'll be pathetically counting calories. 

You may consider this to be on the verge of cheating (it's not) but a few weeks ago I was contacted by my old cycling coach.  He was drumming up victims for his next cycling camp which I would love to attend, but I'm too fat and out of shape.  I have decided though to start paying him to coach me again.  I have no desire to start racing bikes again, but I think paying him would inspire me to stick to a good program.  Scott has a great holistic approach to training and diet.  His knowledge of fat metabolism and training to get optimum results is really impressive.  I'm anxious to get started. 

I'm thinking about offering my 1st giveaway.  It'll be a delayed prize as it will have something to do with my weight at the end of the challenge.  Stay tuned and be prepared to email me.   I'll let you know soon. 

Well I had my physical today.... sort of.  I showed up to my appointment on time, but found out that my last physical was last done in February and insurance wasn't going to pay for 2 physicals in a year.  So luckily I wasn't blessed with having to get "the finger".  I've never been checked for prostrate enlargment and I'm not looking forward to it.  Instead, we just sat there and went over all my labs.  The most concerning being my Total Cholesterol of 259.  I can't remember my HDL and LDL off hand but they suck too.  Dr. Robertson gave me a year to get this number down by dieting ,but the number didn't change at all.  So now I am supporting the wonderful Statin making drug companies.  It is so discouraging to know that I am taking a drug to aid in a problem that I so easily failed to improve.  I do worry about the side effects, especially the leg cramps.  Helloooo,  I ride bikes.  The last thing I need is leg cramps on the bike.  Dr. R said that taking CoQ10 would help with any joint or muscle issues caused by the Pravastatin.   The darn CoQ10 was more expensive than the drug itself.  I'll let you know how it works.  Now though, if I have a stroke, at least I can say I was trying to do something about it. 

Time to go spend some time with my boys.  It's the only way I'm going to get them off of the xbox they got for Christmas (were a little behind the curve, apparently everyone else has one of these things). 

Have a great night.

No comments: