Friday, December 30, 2011

Mental Imagery

Ok I realize this really looks computer generated, but I just wanted to use it to make a point.  Like any goal you're trying to reach, especially when you're feeling very unmotivated, focus on the results you want to achieve.  I want arms like Robert Irvine and will likely never have them, but in the gym or when I'm trying to motivate myself to do more, I pathetically imagine myself with 21 inch biceps:)  (my wimpy legs aren't even 21 inches). 

This sort of goes against my previous post of "enjoying the process", but when striving toward your goals, use mental imagery to get yourself to the next step toward reaching those goals.  Close your eyes and see yourself as you want to see yourself, then bust your ass to get yourself there.  I've never had such a hard time losing weight as I have had this year, so I know what a brutal pain it is to do it.   But you can do it.  It all comes down to calories burned vs calories taken in.  It sucks counting calories, but it sure is an eye opener.  This challenge is only 3 months long.  Stick it out and work hard for a measly 90 days and see how much better you feel.  Kathleen (she's looking down on all of us) won our first contest and it was so cool to see her buying smaller clothes.  That year, I was supposed to be the motivator, yet her determination ended up motivating me instead.  Dig deep this year and commit!  Give yourself 90 days of consistently eating better and doing a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio everyday.  You will definitely see a difference.  


No comments: