Saturday, December 3, 2011

Staying Home Too Cold to Race

Well with the ton of snow we got Thursday night, we opted out of driving down to the valley for the mountain bike race.  Our 4 man team is now a two man team with Newell and his son Spencer stepping up to the plate.  Spencer was never even supposed to race, but he stepped up and is currently out there with his dad.  Some of the guys have sent me various texts saying the weather is beautiful down there, so a part of me is bummed that we're not down there. 

Oh well, I'm loving staying home and watching it snow.  Great time to watch tv, enjoy some yummy coffee, and just relax.   So, now I'm cathching up on all my missed episodes of Chopped and Chuck's Day Off.  

On Thursday, I went to see Newell about my shoulder and started talking about diet.  I've really been frustrated with my inability to lose even a few pounds.  I think I'm about 180 which is heavy for me.   I'd really like to get to 165 and right now I'm failing miserably.   He suggested putting a calorie app on my phone and cutting back to 1500 calories a day.  Well there's a noble thought.  Of all the dieting if tried and all the nutrition courses I've taken, I have never counted calories.  So yesterday I started counting.  It's incredible how fast it adds up.  It's not the easiest thing to do, but it's really been an eye opener.   The counting has really helped cut back on my foraging through out the day and I'm hoping to see some results by the end of the week.

Everyone knows how fearful I am of Cancer and how frustrating it is to see that miserable disease affect so many different lives and families.  Just recently I received and email from Liz Davies wanting to know if she could contribute a post regarding the importance of exercise both when were healthy and when were dealing with an illness.  It's a great write up hits the mark when it comes to the advantages of an exercise program.  Hope you enjoy.

No comments: