Friday, February 18, 2011

Coffee Friday

It's been a really good week.  I strayed once from my diet and that was last night.  I didn't finish with my last patient until almost 8pm.  I was in Snowflake and was super hungry so I stopped at the gas station and bought a small bag of Cheetos.  Other than that, I've been good all week.  Even today, which is Coffee Friday, I got fat free milk and no whipcream in my yummy Cinnamon Dulce Latte.  Doesn't taste quite as good but I'll survive. 

Some of you sent in some pretty impressive numbers this week. I am truly impressed!!!  It's definitely been motivation for me.  It sounds like the weather is supposed to be pretty crappy so it looks like I'll be spending most of the time on the trainer this weekend. 

Yester my doctor leaves me a message telling me that I only have 3 months to lower my serum cholesterol.  If I don't lower it, he wants to put me on medication.  Is it even possible to lower your cholesterol in 3 months??  I'm not sure but I'm definitely gonna try. 

We had our last basketball game yesterday, so starting next week I'm hoping to start riding my bike to work.  So to Stubs,  oh I mean Spuds,  your going down pal.  I just had a friend walk in this morning and wanted to bet me that SHE (that's right, I said she) was going to have a better time than me at the Ironhorse.  Her best time in the past was something like 4 1/2 hours, mine is 3:01.    The problem is, I know she's been riding a lot lately.  She has legs like Arnold Schwarzenegger and they can definitely pedal a bike.  I used to race with her husband (he too will be racing and will blow me out of the water I'm sure).  We'll just have to see, but it's just more motivation to start getting in some good long miles. 

Well I gotta get to work.  Hope you all have a great Friday. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No it will be you going down pedaldork !!! My bike trainer will be here Monday, so imagine how much weight I will lose actually working out ???
Spuds

Pedaldork said...

Key word there is "actually". We know how "devoted" you are. And I'm not believing anything until u weigh on a real scale. Cheater boy.

Anonymous said...

CHEATER boy ??? Coming from CHEETO boy ?????

:)

-Spuds-