Monday, February 7, 2011

Shout Out to Big Mamma

Since I'm not posting actual weight losses, but instead only posting percentage of weight lost, it's hard for anyone (except myself) to see how much weight is really being lost.  Big Mamma, you are doing an amazing job!!   You make me feel like such a pansy when it comes to trying to lose weight.  I'm back to 172 lbs!!!  My goal is to reach 165 by May and for some reason I can't even get below 170.  I say "for some reason" but I know the reason.  My lack of commitment has been horrible.  Big Mamma, SnowWhite, Sexy42011, WideWife, Wiggly, Andi, and the rest of you have been a real inspiration.  The numbers you guys have sent in have been nothing short of impressive. 

Speaking of Committment, I hired a new delivery driver last week.  For now I'll just call him JF.  Him and his wife are doing the HCG diet.  First, I have to say that I could never even think of being successful with this diet. I don't know much about it but I do know it limits you to 500 calories a day.  Are you kidding me???  My morning coffee has that many calories.   Anyway, with all the food that has been coming into the office, JF hasn't wavered.  He's been faithful to his one piece of fruit in the morning and his 3.5 oz of chicken for lunch.  The cool thing is, JF has lost 16 lbs!!!  I have my doubts as to the possible health effects of the HCG diet, but if it works for someone than so be it.  In the morning I'm going back to my "anticancer" diet.  Back to no sugar and white flour and lot's of green tea. 

I had my yearly physical today.  Doc says I'm going to live to be 100.:)  I highly doubt that, but it was nice to hear.   Doc asked me how old I was this year.  Knowing what he had in mind, I said 39 (I knew I'd be 40 in August but I knew before he even asked, I was going to say 39).  He proceeded to tell me that starting at the age of 40, all of his male patients get the good ol "finger".  The good ol prostate check.   Working with cancer patients all day, I should be more open  minded to early screening, but I just wasn't mentally ready for anything beyond my usual physical.  So now I've got about 365 days to get my mind around having something put where God never meant something to be put:).  Sure  hope that makes sense.  Man it sucks to get old.    With all the medical procedures I've had done in the past, I'm not sure why anything should bother me.  Heck if Katy Couric can have a colonoscopy done on live TV, surely I can deal with having a prostate exam.  I sure hope he doesn't check my blood pressure on the same day, cuz I know it's going to be through the roof.   Oh well, I've got a year to think about it. 

Well I gotta get up early and head to the lovely towns of Carrizo and Cibecue.  Hope you all have good night and super day.

No comments: