Thursday, February 3, 2011

Is it cold yet?

So how is everyone liking the balmy weather???  It was -8 when I left the office last night and amazingly it was -8 when I got back this morning.   This is crazy!!  When I checked the weather on my phone this morning the windchill was -18.  This is Arizona not North Dakota.   I've lived here my entire life and don't remember weather this cold. 

I had my shoulder looked at on Monday.  First the doctor injected the joint under fluoroscopy.  The joint looked good but he said the muscle looked funny.  We then went to a different room where he looked at the muscle with ultrasound.  As the tech was moving the probe across my shoulder he says "wow"!!  I'm like, "uhhh what"???   He then tells me he's never seen that much fluid under a muscle like that.   I have no idea what a normal and abnormal ultrasound looks like but his "wow" didn't make me feel too comfortable.  The Doc walks in and is impressed with the swelling and proceeds to put a needle in my shoulder to pull out the fluid.  Now that was cool to see.  I could see the swelling literally go down on the ultrasound.  After that he put a little cortisone where the swelling was and I was good to go.  Lo and behold, my shoulder is 99% better.  Thank God for modern medicine.

I'm not back to doing P90X yet but hopefully soon.  I've only ridden the trainer 2x this week but I'm hoping to have more time soon.  I've been working late putting new software on the work computers on top of coaching and going to physical therapy.  Speaking of physical therapy, it's progressing slower than I had hoped.  I realize my problems didn't happen overnight so I should expect a miracle cure.  One thing that I have learned over the years is that if you ask 10 therapists the same question, you re going to get 10 different answers.  Everyone has their own opinion on what treatment is best.  My degree is in human physiology so I'm not completely clueless when it comes to what needs to be addressed.  I'm just going to take is slow, put in my 2 cents and hope for the best. 

Well I've got to go see my first patient at 9am so I best be going.  Hope you all have a super day.

No comments: