Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Scale is Finally Moving

Hola Vato's!!!!  It's a gorgeous Thursday morning!  Well maybe it's not so nice outside, but the scale is looking friggin awesome.:)    I've been doing really good with my diet and have been getting up and riding the trainer at 5:30 in the morning.  It doesn't even come close to the pleasure of riding outdoors, but for now its getting the job done.  After work yesterday I hopped on the scale and here's what I saw:
162.5 lbs!!!!!!!!!!

I actually didn't believe it at first so I had to double check my math.  150 + 12.5=  162.5. Oh ya!!!
I spoke with Newell yesterday (another friend who is planning on racing the Ironhorse), he's down to 156lbs.  Realize though, the guy is only 5'7" :).   He's got these dang tree trunk thighs though and I know he has more power than me on the bike so I have lots of work to do to get my power back.  

My goal was going to be 160lbs but at 162.5, I can still see I have much more flubber to lose.  So as long as I continue to feel good, I'm just going to see how it goes.  

Have any of you checked out the Challenge Standings lately??  Frenchie just broke the 10% barrier!!  SnowWhite and Big Mamma are right on her tail though.  I know I say this a lot, but the amount of weight people have lost so far is just so dang awesome!!  It's not easy.  I've noticed that the more I lose, the easier it gets to stay motivated. 

Ok, it's been a while since the last giveaway.  The first correct answer that is emailed (mail) will win a gift certificate for an hour massage at Spa Estique.  When we eat, in order to get energy from our food (that was a hint), our food goes through what we call the Kreb's Cycle, also known as the Citric Acid Cycle.  What is the end product of this cycle??  I want the Chemical name. Hint: Energy

So google your little hearts out and good luck.   

Hope you all have a great day.





No comments: