Sunday, February 20, 2011

Still Doing Well

It's been a super weekend so far. Not that I've done anything super fantastic, in fact my lazy butt hasn't done much at all.  The good part is, I've done great with my diet.  I'm not sure I've strayed from it even once.  

Saturday morning, my son and I went over to a friends house to ride the trainers.  We rode for an hour and wow what a difference it is riding with great company.  We put on an old 1999 video of Lance Armstrong winning his first Tour de France and just pedaled away.  As I've said before, I'm super out of shape and have a long way to go but, ya gotta start somewhere.

Here we are getting ready to ride.

And here we are just pedaling our little hearts out.  What a great way to start the morning.
It's my son taking the pictures.  He was looking for any excuse to give his butt a break from the bike. 



If you've ever ridden a trainer indoors, you'll know that it's the most boring thing in the world.  I've learned that riding with company and a good video is by far a better way to pass the time.  I've found out that we have a record amount of people from our area riding The Ironhorse this year.  Right now I know of eleven people making the trek to Durango over Memorial Weekend.  It's gonna be a lot of fun.  If you're somewhat interested, you should give it a try.  It's a super hard ride, but something you would be forever proud of accomplishing. 

No comments: