Monday, February 28, 2011

Winter Almost Over??






What a gorgeous weekend.  I know most of us are ready for spring, but soon we'll be whining about the 98 degree temps, so we may as well make the most of it.    I spent the weekend indoors installing our laminate flooring (We've been living on plywood for the past 6 months).   I had to take a break a make a WalMart run so on the way I stopped to take some pictures of Show Low Lake.  I love this place.  As a kid I spent a ton of time here and try not to take it for granted.   Just the other day my oldest son and I were driving by and he said, "it'll be weird dad, when I'm older, to think that the other side of the lake will be a resort".  I'm not sure if any of you know this, or even care, but a while back the city of Show Low changed the zoning around the lake so that the new owners of that land can build this huge resort.   Now I'm all for growth, but Show Low Lake is really the only lake we have left that hasn't been developed in someway.  Fools Hollow is a prime example.  I used to go there as a kid too.  The city of Show Low thinks though that for something to be enjoyed, they have to poor concrete all around it.   Oh well, it is what it is.  For now though, I will enjoy and cherish the beauty that we so often take for granted. 

My diet is still going well.  I've decided to up the intensity of the workouts though.  Since my girly legs are still suffering from having no muscle and muscle is going to be in dire need when I go to Colorado, I'm going to start the leg workouts in P90X as well as ride the trainer.  I'm not sure how many of you have ever tried P90X but it's a real butt kicker.  The only workout in the program that I've ever been able to finish is the Ab workout.  I know, what a pansy, but my goal for now is to be able to finish the Leg workout without my legs feeling like they're gonna fall off. 

Looks like it's going to be a warmer week so get your butts outside and start walking, running, or riding.  Oh and it looks like I'm going to have to come up with a different question for the last giveaway.  Apparently most of you don't have degrees in organic chemistry ( I hated that class).   I'll have to think of something else, so I'll post something as soon as I can come up with something creative (not an easy task for my little brain). 

Anyway, I've got to get some work done.  I'll leave you with a picture of my gorgeous little Keevan.  Hope you all have a great day.

 

No comments: