Monday, February 14, 2011

On the road to a heart attack

As if I needed something more to motivate me to eat better.  I got my lab results back today and my cholesterol levels are horrible.  My total cholesterol is 259, my triglycerides are 184 and my LDL is 168.  If I stay on this track, there is bound to be a heart attack or stroke in my future.  My doctor has given me a year to get my numbers down with diet.  If I can't lower them by eating better than my only choice will be medication.  Drugs are not an option for me.  There is a reason they check your liver enzymes while on cholesterol lowering drugs, and the reasons aren't good.  Today my diet consisted of two bananas, one can of tuna, and a can of whole kernal corn.  Sounds yummy huh??  I've got the Ironhorse in 3 months and really need to get down to 165 lbs, even lower if I can. 

I'm going for a road ride tomorrow on my bike and going again with a friend on Wednesday (hopefully before the bad weather gets here).  Hopefully soon, I'll start seeing the pounds start to disappear.  

We'll it's getting late and I'm barely staying awake.  Hope you all have a good night. 

No comments: