Monday, February 4, 2013

Who do we trust?

I don't even plan on weighing in for at least a few days.  The Super Bowl is always a pathetic motivator to stray from one's efforts of eating well.  My wife is an amazing cook and believe me we had plenty of food to keep us full throughout the game.   We had a couple of friends over and of course they too brought over some "not so healthy" snacks.   I'm thinking that by the end of the game, I had likely consumed more calories then I had all week long.  I'm sure this is going to delay my last weeks goal of 170, but I'm determined to get back on track. 

This week is going to be a good week.  My wife and I have agreed to eat only fresh fruits and vegetables.  No animal products what so ever.  I'm doing this for several reasons, but for now, to keep from sounding too much like a quack, I'm going to refrain from explaining too much.   

I worked part of Saturday and on one of my monitors at work I put on a few dietary documentaries.  If you ever want some motivation to eat better, just watch a few of these.  The facts are there people, the food we eat, is mostly crap.

It's a no brainer that cancer rates have skyrocketed over the last century. Check out these facts.If you knew for a fact that the ingredients in the food you were feeding your kids, contributed to possible cancer risks, would you feed it to them?      This is something I've been battling with.  I look in our pantry and see all the "crap" food that not only myself and my wife eat, but my kids do as well.   Again, another question of "why".   On one of the documentaries, it show's a guy smoking and he says "well you've got to die of something".   I'm sure that to most of you, this statement is absurd, but, when you consider all the poor food choices we make, aren't most of us saying the same thing?

It's a scary thing to deal with.  The more educate yourself, the more you question things.  What do you believe, who do you trust?   How much do you trust medical literature, how much do you trust the government organizations whose job it is to keep you safe?   I don't want to sound like some conspiracy theorist, but like I said, the more you try to educate yourself, the more you really question.    I guess all I can really say, is do the research, keep an open mind, and don't be naive to the possible or impossible. 



Note: When I go back and read what I write, I'm amazed at how much I never stay on topic. :)   Sorry.  It's the way my mind works. 







 

No comments: