Monday, February 11, 2013

Write out your workout

"Someday Skinny" won not only a heart rate monitor, but also won the 3 month trial at "mydietitian.com.

I got this email from her the other day.


So I just signed up with My Dietitian and I'm SUPER excited!!  I've been using MyFitnessPal, which is a similar app but you have to manually put in each food you eat.  I'm so excited that you can just take a picture of your food and then an actual professional will work with you to help improve your habits!  I already have several people in mind that I know could benefit from it and will most definitely be recommending it to them once I get the hang of it. Thank you, thank you!!  I'm so excited, I'll let you know how it goes.  Please also send my thanks to Rick!  I'm thinking I should easily be able to reach my weight loss goals with this tool! (Is that an unfair advantage in the competition? :))

I'm waiting for our corporate discount with My Dietitian.  As soon as I get it, it will give any and all of you a discounted rate for any of their programs.  Ya just gotta ask:)

 On a separate note, I've got to give a shout out to all the young people at the gym.  It was impressive to see a bunch of them working out today.   A few of them were my students back in my teaching days (If any of them are your kids, I apologize now if I ruined them academically).  I'm just waiting for one of them to ask if I want to spar with them,  I'm sure they are just aching to get some good shots in.  

Last night I took the time to sit down and write down my workouts for the week.  Today was Chest and Tri's, tomorrow will be Back and Bi's, and Wednesday will be legs.    I've got a bad habit of just showing up, doing my cardio, then fumbling around trying to decide what exercises I'm going to do.   By writing out my program early, it made for such a better workout.   I did four exercises for each body part, then did an ab workout along with some cardio and bagwork.   For each exercise I did four sets with each set adding more weight.   So for example, for chest I did Flat Bench Press, Dumbell Press, Machine Press, and Incline Barbell Press.   4 sets of each exercise.   Then I moved on to the Triceps.   Lying Tricep Press, Tricep Extensions, Bent Dumbell Extensions.   Again, 4 Sets of each.  My first set is usually at a weight where I can easily get 10-12 reps.  Then for the second set, I add enough weight where I can get 8-10 reps, then more weight for 6-8 reps and so on.

Try writing out your workout for the week.  Be creative and mix it up. If you don't it will get boring real quick.   Set some daily goals, be realistic and do your best to reach them.

Best of luck.

No comments: