Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dots

Good Morning All.  Here's something for you to think about and I'm sure you're thinking, "Does this guy have anything better to do with his time":)

Actually I do, but I sort of wanted to motivated myself to stay away from all the sugary stuff I love so much.

On my way back from Phoenix this weekend, we stopped in Payson for drinks and something to eat (aka sugar).  My throat is still driving my crazy so I wanted something to keep my throat from drying out.  Call me crazy but I grabbed a box of Dots.  I know, I know, I'm not sure what I was thinking.  Actually I was thinking that if I sucked on them they would last the entire trip home.  Yeah Right!! 



When you really think about it, every Dot you eat is probably 99% sugar and I'm not sure what the other 1% could possibly be.  So I thought I would see what eating that many Dots would look like in terms of sugar.  After eating all the Dots, I filled the box 3/4 full with sugar.  I figured this would represent the amount of sugar I just ate.  Holy Cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Never again.  And you wonder why this crap can lead to diabetes, obesity, and whatever else it may cause?
Look at how much sugar!! This was only 3/4 full (only for the sake of arguement).
So next time you go to the movies and your kids want a box of Dots, just stop at Safeway on the way and grab a bag of sugar.  Just something to think about.  

Oh, and here's a cool article on what to look for in "Whole Grain" and "High Fiber" foods.



And yes I brought my bike today.  Still coughing and arm still in a sling, but I'm going for a ride.  My sanity depends on it!!!!   And to all you out there that are kicking my butt in the challenge, here I come.  Like in a bike race, I'm going to take you down one by one:)

Big Momma, isn't going to be so big after all this, she is doing great!!!Wiggly, Andi, Speedo, and Snow White, I'm coming after you.  Oh and Sexy42011, Spuds is whining that you just had a baby and that your weight will be easier to lose:)   Ooooohhhhh,  I'm sure that just made all you mothers out there want to strangle him,  let me know if you want his address:).   I'll gladly hand him over to you.

Well I hope you all have a super day.  I need to get some work done.




 


  

No comments: