Friday, January 14, 2011

Faith

Keevan


Sorry I'm a little slow at posting today.  I've got a sick 2 year old at home and my wife is in the valley with my oldest son.  Needless to say, it's a bit hectic at home.  Before I start my rambling, I want to give a shout out to SEXY42011.  She has lost 7.56% so far.  That's a percentage, her total lbs lost is even more. Wow!!!! What's the secret????   I've been riding my bike all week and eating pretty good and I weighed in the same as last week.  What's up with that???  Oh well, I'll keep on plugging along. 

Did any of you view the Ronan website??  My heart goes out to him, his mom, and the rest of his family.  I read her post this morning and I can only imagine her frustration with the Cancer itself.  It's robbing this 4 year old of his toddler years.  As I was sitting on my bed this morning with Keevan (my two year old), he's not a happy camper as he just feels horrible.  I can only think of little Ronan as he lies in his hospital bed day in and day out.  My little guy is sick, but in few days, he'll be back to his old self.  Ronan has many more challenges ahead.  While most of us go on with our crazy little lives, this little guy is fighting for his. 

I went to a Christian concert over the holidays.  The group was called Future of Forestry.  It sounds a little different but these guys are amazing musicians.  If you goto you tube and watch any of their videos (I like, "Slow Your Breath Down", it's very impressive.   Anyway, the song "Slow Your Breath Down", is about God being with you and telling you to slow down, settle down, and listen.  Here's a quote from the lead singer Eric Owyoung, ""I’ve always enjoyed those encounters with God I have that are kind of unexplainable. There are those times when you know the presence of God, like when you watch the sunset. For me, when I’m writing music, I have that deep soul connection with God. It’s very intense. I’m always trying my best to write songs that reflect that emotion." 

Why am I telling you about FOF??  During the concert, Eric was explaining that there used to be times that he questioned what he believed.  Have you ever wondered, "Where's God while this is happening"?   I know that during my college years, I asked those same questions.  Sometimes I still do.  Like in Ronans situation.  What's your plan here God??   I believe in God with all my heart and I feel I have a really good relationship with Him.  I'm not sure I would look at it as your usual relationship with God.   In fact I've gone round and round with Him when I feel He's not doing what I think He should be (as if my pee brain really knows what God should be doing).  I want to understand God on a whole other level.  I don't want to use the excuse "well God has a plan" or "we have free will".  I want to know deeper why things happen. 

What is Ronan's role in all of this???  Does he go through all of this to teach us something??  I don't have a clue.  I want to, but I don't.  I do know that the Ronan's of this world make a huge impact in my life.  If they don't make an impact in yours, I'm truly sorry for that.   Have any of you seen the new Interstate Battery commercial.  This company really stepped up.  I know I just recently mentioned it, but go out and make a difference today.   If your working this weekend, focus totally on the patient.  Not their IV or their bedding (I know that's important too), but focus on just talking with your patients.  Get to know them.  I think you will find, that quite often, if you listen closely enough, they will make a bigger difference in your life then you will in theirs. 

Hope you all have a super Friday.

No comments: