Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just Lettin' You Know

I'm not sure how many of you I actually know in this challenge.  A few emails look familiar, but other than that, it's hard for me to actually put a face to your challenge name.  If you've read any of the posts on the forum, it may sound like I'm some arrogant jerk trying to make fun of  people.  In fact, I'm really the opposite.   I love helping people.  I enjoy seeing people trying to be their best.  Life can be a struggle for all of us, but without goals we have nothing to strive for.   If I give you a hard time in the forum, please do not take it to heart.  Give me heck right back.  When I ask you to send me emails about your goals, it's not because I just want something to read, but I want to help you reach them.  I've got a ton of resources that may just possibly help.    It may sound weird but it's almost a selfish thing.  I get more out of helping people then the actual people get from my help.  Did that make sense at all??? 

Did any of you watch The Biggest Loser the other night???  What an emotional roller coaster some of these people are on.  Weight is a huge issue for many people.  I don't know my real dad, but I've been told that he's over 320lbs.  I've got a half brother who is about the same size.  Eating right is not easy for me at all.  I love fried food and I love chocolate.  I had to have my thyroid ablated (destroyed with radiation) a few years ago so that's another issue I deal with.  So please don't think I have it all figured out.  Everyday is a struggle to eat healthy foods.  I've mentioned it in earlier posts but my weight isn't really the reason I try to eat well.  Cancer is the reason I try to eat well.  I'm not sure what you believe, but I'm not sure anyone can argue with the fact that Americans have a higher rate of cancer due somewhat to our diets and the environmental were exposed too.  No matter what reason you have to wanting to lose weight, in the end it's just very good for you.  You feel better both physically and emotionally. 

Didn't mean to start rambling.  Just know that if I can help you reach your goals in any way possible, I'll do what I can.  Don't quit!  Visualize yourself reaching your goal.  Visualize how good you will feel.  Oh, I've got a cool video for you to watch.  It's called "212".   Click here to watch.

So with all that said, if I give you hard time it's because I like you (I know I may not know you but we gotta start somewhere:)  )  

With all honesty, it is so cool to see this many people involved.  Keep up the hard work and don't let yourself get down if you have a bad day.  It happens to everyone.  If you need to vent or you're struggling with your diet,workout, whatever it may be, shoot me an email.  I'm not sure I'll have the answer but I'll give it a shot.  I heard the mail@alphaoxymed.com  isn't working for some of you.  If not, send your emails to pedaldork@gmail.com

Ok, giveaway number 2.  In what town does the IronHorse Bicycle Classic finish in (This is the full race, not the Quarter Horse)??? It goes from Durango to ????    Email me your answer.  The first correct answer I get will win one of the Omron Heart Rate monitors.  Remember to include your challenge name and email address.  Best of Luck. 

Hope you all have good night.   Sleep tight. 

No comments: