Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Good Morning

Good Morning all!  Well at least it is so far, but then again the work day has yet to start.  It's been a tiresome week and it's only Wednesday.  We're still in the middle of interviewing people for Janelles job, I've been working on putting a new software program on all the work computers (people think I know what I'm doing but I really suck at it and just get lucky that it works sometimes).  The software that I'm trying to install is supposed to allow me to look up patient information from my phone.  This way if I'm out on the road and have a question about a patient, I can just have my phone hook up to my computer then I'm good to go. Ya, whatever.   My first attempt on Monday actually ended up erasing all the contacts on my phone.  That is a bad thing.  It's not like in the 80's when you actually knew peoples phones numbers.  Now you just cruise down your address book, hit the green button and your good to go.  When you lose all that information your pretty much, uuuuhhhhh screwed.  So if I sent you a text on Monday, I have your number.  If not, I'm hoping it's saved on my computer. 

Yesterday I find out that I have a partial tear of my rotator cuff.  Are you kidding me!!!???   I don't even know what I did to do it.  Yes "Time" I know I was sledding, but I'm really trying to avoid that excuse.  I'm trying to come up with something a little more manly.  I got in a fight while playing hockey (If only I played hockey), down hill skiing crash (oops don't ski).  Nope all I do is go sledding with my kid and the next day I can't lift my arm. Talk about pathetic. 

I'm starting prolotherapy in my back at the end of this week. Oh ya, that's a whole other story.   I'm a 39 year old in an 80 year old body.   All my life I've been pretty limber.  Typically you would think that would be a good thing.  Well in my case (surprise surprise) I'm too limber.  My joints for some reason don't like to stay where they belong.  I've got pins in my wrist, had 2 shoulder surgeries, two knee surgeries, and what they call SIJD (SacroIlliacJointDisease).   Now your thinking, man what a freak!!!  Actually it's really not all that bad.  Most of it was highschool sports related.  At least the shoulder and the knees.  The wrist was obliviated in horse accident (thank you Dr. Washburn for saving my hand). If you ever want to see the x-rays, their pretty cool.  If your up on your anatomy, the thumb is right above your radius.  Well my thumb was over my ulna.  Not twisted either.  The only thing holding my hand onto my arm was pretty much skin. Yuck!!!!!!!!!!  Oh and it hurt like heck!!!!!!!

And my back (SIJD), well that's from 12 years of farrier work (for you rednecks that don't know what a farrier is, uuuhhh it's a horseshoer).  It was my full time job for 12 years after college.  Pre Med and a biology degree and I was shoeing horses for a living.  8-10 hours a days bent over underneath a horse.  God did not make our back to take that kind of abuse.  What I have learned is that over time my SI joint has shifted forward(I'm sugar coating this explanation cuz I'm too worried about you thinking I'm something like the elephant man) .  The prolotherapy is supposed to strengthen the ligaments that hold the SI joint together.  I've been working with a physical therapist from Montana who has helped tremendously.  In fact, I owe my ability to race my bike again all to him.  It's been a slow recovery, but I'll take you on a bike anyday:)


Anyway, I have no idea how I got off on that rampage:).    I didn't get home until 8pm last night so I didn't get to ride on the trainer.  Even worse, I left my bike in the back of my truck when I got home.  Now that is a no no.  My poor bike isn't allowed to get cold.  My bike sleeps in the house (to my wife's dismay). 
So when I get home this evening, I will give my bike the lovin it needs, clean it up, then hopefully ride the darn thing.

Have I rambled enough???   I'm not even sure what the heck I just said.  But from the elephant man to you, have a super day. 

No comments: