Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ryan and His Bike

Good Morning Everyone!!!  Can you believe it's snowing again??  While I love wintertime, I'm ready for Spring.  I want to ride my bike outside!!  Here's a pic of me and my 11 year old riding the trainers last night.  Forgive, the spooky looking eyes, I promise, were not evil.  
Riding with my son is something I truly treasure.  I know lots of dads out there that having nothing in common with their sons.  Fortunately my boys and I have the same interests, cycling and baseball.   Ryan rode his first race when he was six and has been hooked ever since.  He's ridden to the top of South Mountain and a couple of months ago we both road up to the top of the Big Lake Hill (Just outside of Eagar).  Here he is after 7 miles of climbing.  It's a beautiful view from the top.
His next goal is to do the first half of the Iron Horse Bicycle Classic in Durango.   It's only 25 miles, but it's a monster of a climb from Durango to Purgatory Ski Area (Now I believe its called Durango Mtn Resort).  I'm sure most of you have better things to do, but if you've ever seen Lance Armstrong climb it's truly an impressive sight.  When I'm riding behind Ry, that's who he reminds me of.  He's got legs like his grandfather (not skinny and girly like his dad's) and they just dance on the pedals.  As a dad who grew up racing his bike, it's a blessing to see Ryan excel in a sport that we both enjoy.

Guess I'll quit rambling on about my son and bike.  The Challenge is going unbelievably well.  I can't tell you all how impressed I am with the numbers.   The Chunky Dunkers are finally starting to come alive, though it would be great to hear from the rest of the team.

Wiggly is doing outstanding and Spuds......well he humbled himself this morning and told me he fell off the wagon for a brief period yesterday.  He's back on track today though.  I've been doing great with my diet so far and look forward to checking my weight again on Friday.  I'm going to have another giveaway soon so stay tuned.  I'll be giving a way one Omron Heart Rate monitor so pay attention folks!!! 

Hope you all have a Super Day!!!!!

Oh and here's a preview of the Quarter Horse Classic that Ryan is wanting to do.  We older folks do the entire thing up and over to Silverton, but if your just getting into cycling or want to have an awesome goal to work towards, this is it!!!

No comments: