Monday, January 10, 2011

Saggy

I've always been somewhat of a fitness freak, but I've never really had the body of an athlete.  My upper body isn't too bad but that's only because of what I inherited.  I take after my mom's side of the family where all 5 of my uncles have what my mom calls a barrel chest. The only difference is that they are were all in the Marine Corp and after 20 years of push ups, it makes their chests look pretty impressive.  Well, my little office boy body isn't quite that impressive.  In fact, the older I get, the more pathetic I'm looking. 

In broader terms, a barrel chest is someone with a bigger rib cage.  The upside to this is that no matter how muscleless one may be, if you have a barrel chest it makes you look as though you have a decent chest.  The downside is that if you have little girl legs like mine, you look pretty disproportionate, especially when you where shorts.  Thank God most mirrors just show the top part of you. 

Now that I've completely shot any image you may of had of me, it gets worse.  Back when I was shoeing horses or back when I was at least working out part time, my muscleless chest at least had some sort of definition. 

As I looked in the mirror today, I realized................Dear God your getting old!!  What the heck happened to my chest.  My messed up shoulder doesn't allow me to do any push ups right now so I really can't do much about it.  If I don't do something soon though, I'm going to have what I'm going to call in essence, little man boobs:).   

I'm 39 years old!!! Shouldn't your muscles stay around at least until your 50 something???  I don't want to get old and already every time I work out my body says "ugh, this hurts".  

Once my shoulder heals, I'm bringing out the P90X.  Hopefully this year, I stay committed.  No more puny chest for me:)   At least I hope.  I heard they do chest implants for men, maybe I should look into that.  Maybe Biceps, Triceps, Quads and Calf implants too (oh and don't even get me started on my calves).  God truly has a sense of humor.  :)

Have a good evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are awesome man!!!

Spud

Anonymous said...

Haha I dont think you ever have to worry about having little man boobs! But thanks for the good laugh. Dont be so hard on your
self! Feisty