Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Moods

I just went back and read my last two posts.................can you say "BORING"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I don't know if it's because I'm not feeling good or what, but I just can't pick my chubby butt up today.  When I first got to the office, I sat down and tried writing but it was taking all I had to be upbeat.  Then, I get a call from Danielle. (I have her mother's permission to use her name).  Danielle works for Sun Valley Medical down in the valley.  As soon as you hear her voice it will make you smile (honestly, you should try it)  She is just one of those people (she get's it from her mom, whom is our pharmacy rep) that is always positive, sweet, helpful, down to earth, etc.  She'll make your day as soon as you talk to her.  I always wonder what she sounds like if she's having a bad day.  I'm sure I'll never know. 

It got me thinking about moodiness.  And if any you know me, I don't want any smart elic comments.  It frustrates me to no end that I often let others dictate my mood.  No one should be able to take the joy from someone else.  Am I such a pansy that I can't rise above something like this.  My day is often spent dealing with insurance companies.  This alone can be super frustrating.  A doctor orders something for a patient, we deliver it, and now the insurance company wants to drag it out before finally deciding to pay for it (I could go on forever about this but I'll stick to the moodiness theme for now).  There goes the good mood.  Or you get some notice from medicare that is requesting more documentation for something that we've been delivering for years.  C'mon people, choose your battles.  By the end of the day, my brain is just fried while trying to deal with all this stuff. 

Are moods psychological, physiological, chemical, or what???  Why do we wake up in good moods ready to take on the world somedays then other days we wake up wanting to choke the closest person around?  What is Danielle's secret??     Do you have a secret (and chemicals can't be the secret)???

My two year old almost notoriously wakes up with a smile on his face.  This little guy is almost sure to always bring out a smile in me. So why, when I'm not so "happy" can't I just force myself to be happy??  I don't want to be grouchy.   Do any of you have any secret formula's?     One thing I've noticed that helps a lot.............writing.   Putting your feelings down on paper seems to be very beneficial.  In fact, just the amount of time I've taken to write all this stuff down, I'm feeling pretty darn good now.  

I still don't have any answers though.   I've just got to pull my head out of the sand, put every worry I have into God's hands, and enjoy the damn day!!!:)  

Well I've got to go for now.  Gotta go take my dog to the vet, then head on to help coach my sons basketball team, then back to work.  I have no idea what I just wrote, but hope it's more enjoyable then the previous two posts.

Have a super day.

No comments: