Tuesday, January 15, 2013

2nd thoughts

I was driving back from Whiteriver today and as usual thinking of a million different things.  One being the post I wrote earlier about forgiving Lance.  My head started playing devils advocate. 

From Lance, to Tyler, to Floyd, David Millar, and the countless others that have "confessed to doping", the one thing they all have in common...............they all got caught!!!  Would they have confessed if they hadn't got caught?  I truly doubt it.   This part pisses me off in the fact that now they all claim to want to help "clean up" the sport.  Well ya, of course they do, they have no other choice. 

The more I thought about the "Lance Confession" the more it bugged me.  The are all just outright liars.  I could go both ways on this.  Yes it is their livelihood and yes I understand why they did it.   It's Lance though that is bugging me.  The apology is coming only because he has lost about every sponsor he's ever had, he can no longer race in any race that has agreements with the USADA or any other antidoping organization, and he's lost his credibility.   Of course he's going to apologize, purely for selfish reasons. 

I know this is the complete opposite of what I wrote earlier, but dang it, I wanted to believe so bad that he was legit.    When I started racing, Greg Lemond was the top American cyclist.  He's been calling a spade a spade for years and was just demonized for doing so.   So many others have tried to come forward, but there was no way you were going to battle Lance Armstrong. 

So here's my decision.  I believe whole heartedly in the mission of the Livestrong organization.  I will continue to support them, but as far as Lance is concerned.............forgiven but not forgotten (as if my opinion really matters at all).  

My oldest son loves to ride and hopefully down the road will find a love for racing.  I can only hope that he will always take the high road.  In the end, your integrity, your faith, and your family are all you have.  Hold it close!!!1

 

No comments: