Friday, January 18, 2013

Awesome Response

I'm thinking Solid was sitting right next to her computer when I posted the last challenge.  I gotta say though, her answer was very impressive. 

" Well...I would hope that I could stick to my beliefs and morals and not dope like the rest of my peers.  I would like to think that I listened to my parents, got a college degree, and THEN started competing professionally, that I had a life outside of competition to walk right into...but not possible really because of the whole commitment that competing takes.   But in this whole scenario, I am extremely type A, and can do it all!!!  I would like to believe that cheaters never win, and that the system to monitor cheaters prevails.  I would pray that divine guidance would show the way to victory by keeping my body clean and training hard and diligently.  If living that life of competition, with cheating all around me, it would be incredibly difficult to not be discouraged...and just plain disappointed in human beings...but it would bring out the fight in me.  Lead by example, be supported by sponsors who believe in clean competition and not punish me for not winning, and believe that what we are doing as a team is not just about winning, but pushing these amazing bodies that we have.  It seems that racing clean and losing would be much more satisfying than being on the podium, waving my roses around but knowing that I am cheating and lying, never knowing if I could really do it on my own. "

So, Solid is the winner of the free month of Cross Fit.    Congrats!!!! 

Well my dad bailed on the Nascar driving so I'm waiting to see if my brother wants to race.  I was really hoping to go with my dad  as we do very little together and this was something we would always remember.   Guess that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. 

I've yet to weigh in today, but I don't think I'm anywhere near my goal of 173.   Just didn't get to the gym like I wanted to.   A lot of late nights at work this week and it was starting to take it's toll, so I decided to sleep instead of workout.   Feeling much better today and ready to kick some butt.  Speaking of kicking some butt, we start fighting again next week.  I really enjoy the boxing, but just not sure if I'm mentally ready to be hit in the face again.   I absolutely enjoy the wrestling and the grappling, but the boxing just plain hurts sometimes.  It's a tremendous workout and it is a great stress reliever (when your getting beat up, all other problems seem to go away:) ).

Next giveaway may be today.  Think I'll give away another heart rate monitor.  I'm praying for a quiet Friday.  I've got lots to do and could use a "down" day. 

So for now, hope you all have a great Friday. 





 

No comments: