Monday, January 28, 2013

Some changes going on!!!!

Hey, we set a record this month.  Almost 1400 hundred people have taken a peek at the blog so far this month.  I realize that's not much compared to lots of other blogs, but for this small town blog, that's pretty darn good.  Thanks to all of you who apparently have nothing better to do then to read this boring darn thing. :)

Well, we started fighting again last Friday.  Jay hurt his knee in October so it's been that long since we've really did any sparring.  I knew I would be out of shape, but holy cow, it was on the edge of pathetic.  Thankfully we were both struggling for air, otherwise I would have been pounded on. Our first day back on the mats went very well.   No blood, no black eyes, and really not very sore the next day. 

Today..........well today was a completely different story.  I know no better way to put it then I had my ass handed to me today.  By the time we were finished, I felt like a human punching bag.   We had headgear on, but even with the protection, my face is pretty sore this evening.   My only excuse is that before we started, I worked my chest and triceps so I was a bit tired from that, but really I have no excuse for not getting my face out of the way.  I think I may have landed one punch for every 10 that Jay landed.  Had anyone been watching, they would have thrown in the towel, it was that bad. 

Then came the ground game.  I enjoy the grappling (wrestling) much more than the boxing, but today, I couldn't even get a shot in, yet Jay seemed to land  plenty.  I had to tap out 3 times where as Jay only tapped out once.  Today just really sucked as far as fighting is concerned.   I would love to use the age excuse, but Jay is 10 years my senior so I can't even go there. 

I've been doing great with my diet, but haven't weighed in yet.  I'm going to stay on track and hope for a great weigh in on Wednesday.   I'm blown away by the numbers some of you have sent in.  Slow and steady is what it's all about.  It's getting past that "stagnant" period that is really important.  Just stick with it and don't get frustrated. 

Aerobic, Aerobic, Aerobic!!!  If you want to see continued success, you have to got to find some sort of program where you can keep your heart rate up (at least 70% of max) for at least 30 minutes.  Need a heart rate monitor?  I've got one left.  First one of you to send me your weight loss goals and how you plan to reach them will win the last monitor. Email me at mail@alphaoxymed.com

So, we've got some changes going on at Alpha Oxy-Med.  From customer service, to marketing, to our long term goals, we have got our work cut out for us, but I have no doubts we're going to help a lot people.  First is our customer service.  Our competitors have call centers that call their patients.  Basically, someone super far away who really doesn't know anything about the patient, calls to see if they need anything.  Our goal is to build relationships with our patients.  Relationships that will allow us to get to know our patients on a much more personal level. I think this will give us the opportunity to really make a difference in the way we care for and treat our patients.   We have a program that allows anyone on our staff to spend up to $25.00 each month, however they may choose as long as it's connected to either helping a patient or building those relationships.  This may involve bringing them lunch, paying a light bill, whatever they may choose.  

We have managed to stay caught up with our work while utilizing only 2 delivery drivers.  This too is changing.  In an effort to allow our drivers to spend more time with their patients, we have just recently added a 3rd driver.   Our goal is to never have a patient have to call us for supplies.  It is up to our drivers to be sure each and every patient on their route is taken care of.   We call them before they call us.  Also, unlike our competitors who travel outside our local area only a few times a month, we are in each service area at least once a week. This means patients only need to keep a weeks worth of tanks in their homes instead of having to make room for a months worth. 

As far as marketing is concerned, as some of you have noticed already, I hope to make more appearances at your offices (I promise not to take much of your time).   I'll be doing my best this year to establish relationships with each and every doctors office and clinic.  I truly believe that with your help and if we can all work together, we can really make a difference in the lives of our patients. 

The biggest change though and the one I'm most excited about, is were going to add a wellness program to our plans of care for our patients.  Again, this is going to be contrary to the way things are usually done.  Our competitors have "quota's"  they try to meet every month.   We're going to take a totally different approach.   We're going to try and get our patients healthy and off of our services.  We are currently in the process of adding a wellness program to the care we give our patients.  Instead of  meeting quotas, we're going to try and make it possible for our patients to improve their health.  Our major goal will be to get them off of the therapy they are receiving  (ie, oxygen, cpap, bipap), but if this isn't possible, our goal will be to minimize whatever therapy they are receiving.   We've already started working with a few doctors on this and I'm excited to get more involved.  We will be utilizing nutritionist and wellness trainers as part of this program.  This is something I've always wanted to do, but never really took the initiative.   I believe we have been blessed with the opportunity to help a lot of people and I'm looking forward to helping our patients improve their lives.  Our focus will be on treating the entire patient, not only their diagnosis. 

That's our changes in a nutshell.  I'll keep you all up to date as to our progress.  Looking forward to it.

Ok I think it's time to go help with homework and dishes.  Hope you all have a great evening.



No comments: