Friday, January 25, 2013

Love this

Just got this emaiI:

I recently heard a sermon on the radio where the pastor was speaking about the power of the spoken word. Much of his reference was toward the spoken word in prayer, but this can be applied to many areas of our lives, its one thing to think to ourselves we can do something. But to look in the mirror and speak it out loud has much more effect. Motivational speakers are capitalizing on this concept as well. I decided to try it for myself, and although I admit it felt sorta wierd talking out loud to myself (I made sure no one could hear me, ha ha) it defintely has more of an impact, the words come to life and have meaning... I wanted to share this because if it can help myself and others push through the tough times. Proverbs 18:21 says, "The power of life and death are in the tongue."
I recently started going to CrossFit Timber Mesa, the staff are so helpful and inviting... its like having a personal trainer every day I go. I learned the hard way that if I do an exercise too fast, I'll have to do double . But having that person there, knowing if I cheated or not, really motivates me to give the 100% for the workout, and the accomplished feeling I get afterwards is enourmous!!! So, advice to everyone out there who's struggling to keep up with their goals, think about this..... Anything that you are willing to accept, you will never change. It's time to get rid of the excuses (because excuses are like.....), and finish this challenge strong!!!

cantw82bskinny

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: